• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68-70 B convertible rear interoir panels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to rob the thred.....but if anyone is interested, I have a set of white 68 sport satellite rear panels that could use some TLC. Back in the day someone put some speakers in them, and they have a couple of cracks. PM me if interested and I'll send some pictures and prices.

Dave

Is there a difference between the 66-67 panels and the 68-70 panels?

Jeremiah, I believe there is a difference in the size and lamp location. the style looks simular but not the same. I check into this when I was at the Garlits Meet. I would be glad to send you a blem for a reasonable price if you want to play.

JAG

I might be interested depending on price. Shoot me a PM and we can work something out. Thank you for the opportunity.

pictures of the new panels

Hope you like the photos, This pair is available for sale. $585 Plus shipping. It took a while but they look great. Graining, Break lines are exact duplicate of the panels copied.Feel free to PM me if you want pictures sent directly to your email address. I have others to send if you like.

IMG_0537.jpgIMG_0538.jpgIMG_0541.jpgIMG_0542.jpgIMG_0543.jpgIMG_0548.jpg

Is there any chance you'll be repopping the '66/'67 panels? I'd buy a set right now.

JAG: Could you include me on this information on pricing and availability. I have a 68 dodge coronet convertible and will eventually need the new interior rear fiberglass panels. I am in South Fla frequently if they are constructed there. Thank you.

Is there any contact information for Bill the Seat Belt Guy who did this? I have a pair of 66/67 that we could use for a mold. Although mine has the speaker holes cut out :( Would be awesome if someone could fabricate them with no holes of course.

Last edited:
Is there a difference between the 66-67 panels and the 68-70 panels?

Yes, the 66-67 have what appear to be console like lights the 68-70's have small little rectangular holes like the ones pictured in the pics posted by jag_mopar (and possibly other differences)

attachment.jpg

pic of earlier panels with diff light

8093994-700-0.jpg

neat (I think) mod for my rear door panel lights

1968 Coronet RT pics - switch for rear door panel light.jpg

would have been nice if they kept the bigger console style lights , always hard to see in there with no dome light ,thats one reason i bought one of the c body read console plates with the light in it and the light plug

would have been nice if they kept the bigger console style lights , always hard to see in there with no dome light ,thats one reason i bought one of the c body read console plates with the light in it and the light plug

Can you share or send me a pic of that Stu?

Can you share or send me a pic of that Stu?
sure can

mounts right in was a c - body option only so rare and hard to find sometimes , I almost had to buy a whole console to get mine looked for a couple years to find a reasonable one and still paid a couple hundred for it with the factory console mounted vacuum gauge and all harnesses

Attachments

• backing console place.jpg
    backing console place.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 190
  • light console rear panel.JPG
    light console rear panel.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 177
I'm just wondering if anyone has tried mounting the 68 style panels on a 66-67. If it's only the holes for the lights that are different, I may be able to make that work. Could just bore out a larger hole! haha. These convertible panels are just so impossible to find. No one has them at all. If this option works, it's better than cracked or damaged or cut up ones I have now. :D

I'm just wondering if anyone has tried mounting the 68 style panels on a 66-67. If it's only the holes for the lights that are different, I may be able to make that work. Could just bore out a larger hole! haha. These convertible panels are just so impossible to find. No one has them at all. If this option works, it's better than cracked or damaged or cut up ones I have now. :D
from a glance they do look the same

I thought about this myself but the '66-'67 panels are different in that they are flat on top, The later ones rise up in the rear to follow the body line of the quarter panel. If you look closely at the pics above you can see it.

hard to tell with the boot installed

Attachments

• rear convet panelDSCN61810102.JPG
    rear convet panelDSCN61810102.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 175
  • rear convet panelDSCN61810101.JPG
    rear convet panelDSCN61810101.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 169
  • rear convet panelDSCN61810103.JPG
    rear convet panelDSCN61810103.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 178
  • rear convet panelDSCN61810104.JPG