• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68-70 charger back window removal

davek

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:53 AM
Reaction score
I bought the harbor freight window remover tool. Is there anything I need to know about removing the back window?
1694220418764.jpeg

Yes, Just be carefull! Put it in the blazing sun for a couple of hours and pull the blade without twisting it. You don't
want to put the blade in a bind and crack the glass! Good Luck!

Yeah, it's best to use two people and patience is a virtue.

Me and my best friend removed mine in 1986 using a wire/cable to cut through the "seal".

I second using wire. Poke the “piano wire” thru and pull back and forth.

I wouldn't use that tool to remove the rear window, If your careful you can do it but its very easy to crack the glass that way. The way I did mine was to take some small wirefeed wire, mine was .025" and cut probably 5 or 6 feet off and then from inside the car in the middle of the glass poke the wire through the butyl sealant on top and bottom and then from the outside get some leather gloves and wrap each end of the wire around each hand and then you can cut the butyl pretty easy with a sawing motion back and forth and you won't need to have an extra hand to help out. It worked pretty well for me.

I did this just trying to remove the trim.

RWR 6.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back