• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Missing 66 Charger rear window stainless trim

GassMann

Local time
10:40 PM
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have a 1966 Charger that I have been working on for 7 years now. I am ABD... All but done with this car. As some of you know, I have had this car since I was 16... I turn 62 in a few weeks. The interior is done, the engine is done, the exterior is done... except the rear stainless steel window trim. I am missing the lower window pieces. The last picture shows my challenge.

A very deep search of the internet has turned up empty. I am now looking to repurpose parts from other B-Body frames like maybe the 66 Coronet or some other window stainless. I am capable of cutting and shaping to what I need if I have some starter stock that is close to the stainless shape.

The basic clip-in shape of the stainless window trim is what I need. Has anyone done this before? OR, does anyone have suggestions. I am looking for any ideas to help finish this project.

Thanks in advance.

1708219476304.png

1708219515399.png

1708219627778.png

1708219676023.png

1708219747174.png

Put a thread in the wanted parts section... someone on here will have a set.

Are you still looking for the bottom rear window trim piece for your car? I had bid on ebay for 4 piece rear window trim for $159 and won the item. The Seller had a difficult time to mail to me, so I cancelled my bid and he refunded my money. The Seller handle is cady_fat_cat. The item number was #295894602065. There are only four pieces but I believe he has the two pieces you need for the bottom. I just canclled last week, so he may have the proper size shipping tube to send to you. Good luck.

s-l1600.jpg

Are you still looking for the bottom rear window trim piece for your car? I had bid on ebay for 4 piece rear window trim for $159 and won the item. The Seller had a difficult time to mail to me, so I cancelled my bid and he refunded my money. The Seller handle is cady_fat_cat. The item number was #295894602065. There are only four pieces but I believe he has the two pieces you need for the bottom. I just canclled last week, so he may have the proper size shipping tube to send to you. Good luck.

View attachment 1620938
I can't find the guy or the part so it must have gone. Yea... looks like that would have worked. The two split halves would work even if they are for the top side. Difference is the curve but that can be "adjusted". :lol:

I can't find the guy or the part so it must have gone. Yea... looks like that would have worked. The two split halves would work even if they are for the top side. Difference is the curve but that can be "adjusted". :lol:
Hold out for the real thing. Top and bottom are drastically different. You would need a trim stretcher as well.

Auto Transport Service
Back