• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68-70 Charger body shell

Menchacha

Local time
1:44 AM
Reaction score
Anyone know what a good price for something like this would be? Looking for one for a project.
unnamed.jpg

need better pics is it solid?

I’m not being a prick here, but it’s what your willing to pay for it and how bad do you want it? Now it also boils down to what you have to work with, starting with the bottom up, clear title? Figure if you have one done and it needs all rear sheet metal that’s 10-15k ( having a shop do the work) drive line, 5-15 k, (depends how you go with it) interior 3k or better depends on how you go about it as well... just food for thought they aren’t cheap but you get what you pay for.. All depends on you and what your intentions are for it.. I’d think a clear title, solid body minus interior, driveline, front clip etc...5500 to ? Look online rolling rust buckets are hitting 15k dang near. Go with your gut is all I can say, something truly rare is a different ball game.. Best of luck!

I’m not being a prick here, but it’s what your willing to pay for it and how bad do you want it? Now it also boils down to what you have to work with, starting with the bottom up, clear title? Figure if you have one done and it needs all rear sheet metal that’s 10-15k ( having a shop do the work) drive line, 5-15 k, (depends how you go with it) interior 3k or better depends on how you go about it as well... just food for thought they aren’t cheap but you get what you pay for.. All depends on you and what your intentions are for it.. I’d think a clear title, solid body minus interior, driveline, front clip etc...5500 to ? Look online rolling rust buckets are hitting 15k dang near. Go with your gut is all I can say, something truly rare is a different ball game.. Best of luck!
Oh man I’m not looking for a whole car, I have the driveline, frame, engine, and most of everything already in just looking for a half rusted out rear body section

Welcome to the forum! I see you are a 'young gun' and say good for you on your quest & build!
Looks like you have good taste in cars.
Where abouts are you out here in CA if you don't mind?
Maybe introduce yourself at the welcome wagon... :drinks:

That should be the easy part! Plenty of rust buckets out there..
Also welcome aboard I didn’t know exactly what you were up to or thinking with the post as I don’t know where you stood with parts .. all good here !

As you go you will discover that 2nd Gen Chargers are all about being at the right place at the right time with the cash in hand. While you might get something like you posted for $5K or so, you are really not saving money as it will cost a boat load to get it anywhere even remotely usable/nice. All that said, to answer your question I would say you are looking $5-10K depending on what it is, who has it and what condition it is in.

Be patient then what usually happens to me my plate will be full and a sweet deal will have to pass on by because I have no room!

Be patient then what usually happens to me my plate will be full and a sweet deal will have to pass on by because I have no room!
Ya lol I’ve been working for like a year and got myself a mostly running chassis with all the suspension and some interior pieces, all I really need now is a few body panels and the main rear body section (hence this post)

Can you post a picture of the frame you have?
I hope i don’t get hate for this, but I’m using the chassis off of an old cop car since I’m a 16 year old on a budget and I’m making a beater/daily Charger, the old crown Vic body is still on the chassis but I can crawl under and take some pics if you want

I hope i don’t get hate for this, but I’m using the chassis off of an old cop car since I’m a 16 year old on a budget and I’m making a beater/daily Charger, the old crown Vic body is still on the chassis but I can crawl under and take some pics if you want

Hope you're not offended easily because the purist will be out to bash you soon. ;) They already have been beating up another young guy who put a LS motor and trans in his 69 Charger. SO you wanting to slide a 68-70 charger Body over a Ford Crown Vic frame and drive train should ruffle some feathers.

But to address this not sure if you understand how the Mopars, and subsequently the chargers are built. The frames for these cars are built into the car themselves...Unibody frame and bodies. Now to try and fit one over a crown vic frame and drive train your are going to have to hack out pretty much all the unibody frame rails, floor, inner fenders trunk pan etc....seems like way more work, and money then what you are hoping to avoid. If you don't it's going to sit up on top of the frame and look ridiculous...like a 4wd lifted charger on a 2wd car chassis.

You would be better off, and probably money ahead, to find a mostly complete car in the $10-15K range and then fix it up and get it running and driving as a beater....if the car is mostly complete then it's just get the motor running, service the brake and fuel systems, probably some wiring and then start enjoying the car.

Hope you're not offended easily because the purist will be out to bash you soon. ;) They already have been beating up another young guy who put a LS motor and trans in his 69 Charger. SO you wanting to slide a 68-70 charger Body over a Ford Crown Vic frame and drive train should ruffle some feathers.

But to address this not sure if you understand how the Mopars, and subsequently the chargers are built. The frames for these cars are built into the car themselves...Unibody frame and bodies. Now to try and fit one over a crown vic frame and drive train your are going to have to hack out pretty much all the unibody frame rails, floor, inner fenders trunk pan etc....seems like way more work, and money then what you are hoping to avoid. If you don't it's going to sit up on top of the frame and look ridiculous...like a 4wd lifted charger on a 2wd car chassis.

You would be better off, and probably money ahead, to find a mostly complete car in the $10-15K range and then fix it up and get it running and driving as a beater....if the car is mostly complete then it's just get the motor running, service the brake and fuel systems, probably some wiring and then start enjoying the car.
O ya I know how they’re built, my dad and grandpa and I have been doing the measurements and figuring out exactly what we need to hack out of the charger frame, that’s why I don’t really care about the condition of the rear quarter sections. I already have all the metal I’m using to brace the sections we’re cutting out, and we figured out a way to slide it on that doesn’t make it look super tall. I think some guy did something similar on YouTube but it only has like 1,600 views

Yes it's been done with General Lee clones that were built for jumps, the wheelbase is pretty close on the Crown Vic.

Auto Transport Service
Back