• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68-70 charger original exhaust tips

Yennes

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:38 PM
Reaction score
Hi fbbo

Can someone tell me from the pictures if these are original for a 68 charger RT?

They are chromed, not stainless steel.

IMG_6149.jpeg

IMG_6148.jpeg

IMG_6147.jpeg

IMG_6146.jpeg

Hi fbbo

Can someone tell me from the pictures if these are original for a 68 charger RT?

They are chromed, not stainless steel.

View attachment 1636544

View attachment 1636545

View attachment 1636546

View attachment 1636547
These are reproductions that are a fairly close match to the originals. OEM tips will show a seam on the bottom, and die marks from when they were formed will be visible under the chrome. On reproductions, the die marks are removed before the chrome is applied. On originals, the hanger arm will go through a slot cut out of the top of the assembly, and be welded internally, rather than the external welds shown on this set. Some reproductions will have the hanger arm mounted through the slot as OEM, but won't show the die marks under the chrome.

Last edited:
These are reproductions that are a fairly close match to the originals. OEM tips will show a seam on the bottom, and die marks from when they were formed will be visible under the chrome. On reproductions, the die marks are removed before the chrome is applied. On originals, the hanger arm will go through a slot cut out of the tip of the assembly, and be welded internally, rather than the external welds shown on this set. Some reproductions will have hanger arm mounted through the slot as OEM, but won't show the die marks under the chrome.
From what year are they? Do you know? Do you still can buy chromed ones? Or are every reproduction stainless nowadays?

can not find them on their page. Only Stainless.
There is currently a nice chrome set for sale on eBay, by another vendor. More correct than the Accurate Exhaust product. Price is less than I paid for an excellent used set of originals for my GTX last year. Vendor is 521 Restorations. You can save money by dealing with the vendor directly. I've bought other parts from them and been pleased.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back