• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68-70 Charger Owners

G-man

Local time
2:25 AM
Reaction score
Hi

If anyone has 28" tall tyres on the back of their 68-70 Charger, would like a side shot of the vehicle to get an idea how tall it looks.

Im thinking of the 29" tall tyres that have the correct width im after but dunno if that will look dumb or not (too much side wall). If it does then I will have to sacrifice width to keep it within the nice looking height.

If anyone has 29" tall tyres on the rear of the 68-70 charger, side photo please. Would like an idea how it looks.

No Angle Shot - Perfect Side On View IN THE SUN so that the photo doesnt turn out dark around the wheels making it "hard to see" whats happening.

Please specify in your reply the size tyre you are running.

Thanks guys.

G-

275 60 15. If this pic osn't good enough for what you want to see, let me know and I'mm take one closer up....

PA140358.jpg

General lee... very nice.

Well notice in that photo where the shade is on the rear wheel... black... cant see the actual "line" of the tyre, thats what I wanna see... try use a flash if that helps... But whole car is good :)

Thanks so far... and thanks for further help :)

I'll take some better ones when I take it out to the cruise spot tomorrow and post them when I get home.

thanks for that BlueSS

Can you make sure to take the photo from the side the sun is hitting the car on, so that the wheels are totaly lit up due to the light?

(photo of the side the sun shines on)

Same pic as that 1 though... full side view = perfect.

Also if you can take 1 rear shot so i see how wide that looks from behind (again try get the flash in so the wheels are visible not black due to shade)

Thank you for your help

U got a very beautiful car.

Here you go...sorry it took so long but I went out of town for a couple days....

P8120022.jpg

P8120024.jpg

P8120025.jpg

P8120026.jpg

It depends on the look you are going for. Personally I think that if you like the looks of an old classic car they just don't look right with the new 17" or 18" wheels and a short side wall, which is more of a ricer look.

OTOH, I don't like the looks of them with the original skinny/short tires that don't fill the wheel well either. That is why most people have always like the looks of these old cars as run at the strip, usually with a 30" tall slick.

A 68-70 Charger has the largest wheel well of all the old "B" bodies and I believe a 305/70X15" will fit or for sure a 305/60X15" and it will fill up the wheel well which is what I think is really the look you are after.

Thanks for those photos. I got a new desktop picture :D

I like wide, and I hate low profiles on muscle cars. Thats why im looking at the 15" wheels. The Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/R Radials I was looking at sit 29" tall with a 15" section width (380mm?) and a 13" tread (335mm).

Didnt want to go "too tall" though as then it looks more like a drag car rather than a muscle/show car if you know what i mean. The 28" tall looks good. Wish someone could get a 29" stick it on take a photo and take it off again. BlueSS since you got the orange charger (plan on painting mine orange) is there any possible way you could by chance get a 29" tall on the rear just for the sake of a photo somehow?

Thanks for all your pictures.

I don't have any 29" tires laying around anywhere. The ones on my car are 28". The difference would be 1/2" in each direction and would probably be barely noticable in a picture.

Auto Transport Service
Back