• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 b body dash upper dash pad

68gtx

Local time
12:14 AM
Reaction score
got a new upper dash pad , but how the heck do you change this thing????is it possible without pulling the glass and dash?

Maybe if your arm is the size of a 90 lb woman.I thought it was enough of a pain with the dash out.Some claim it can be done with it in the car.

I have done it, with the dash in the car.

You can get to the nuts with magnetic socket extensions, and some long, skinny, fingers. Of course the A pillar trim has to come off, as well as the heater controls and radio have to come out, and depending how agile you are the instrument panel might have to out as well. Oh, and the glove box cardboard as well.

There were a couple of nuts that I never did get back on, but I had enough to snug it down and it didn't make noise so good enough.

I did mine in the car with 1/4 drive a good light and mirror to see the nuts. Not a lot of fun, but can be done.As Kowal says, need the radio out and i took out the instrument panel.

Auto Transport Service
Back