• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 b body engine picutres?

68gtx

Local time
8:04 AM
Reaction score
does anyone here have some pictures of engine bays? wiring routing , hoses, brackets , fuel line routing, etc. the more the better,., trying to put things together for the first time and pics could help......

e-mail them to [email protected]

thanks in advance

I used every mag picture I could find, Year One catalogs, repair manuals, etc. I could find and took my camera to local and major shows looking for original mopars to put my 68 Charger together correctly. If your still looking I can send pictures and/or information.

Survivor engine photo

I will post for all to see. Here is a full survivor 68 Coronet engine compartment. 383 2 bl. I pulled the alternator and saved it for the date codes.
Dont rely on car show photos, way too much ignorance of what is correct.

Attachments

• 68 Coronet engine.jpg
    68 Coronet engine.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 6,876
  • 68 Coronet engine (5).jpg
    68 Coronet engine (5).jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 1,900
1968 Dodge Coronet 440

Attachments

• 1968 Dodge 013.JPG
    1968 Dodge 013.JPG
    160 KB · Views: 1,409
  • 1968 Dodge 014.JPG
    1968 Dodge 014.JPG
    163 KB · Views: 1,565
This is a restored '69. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• IMG_2515.jpg
    IMG_2515.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 1,673
  • IMG_2514.jpg
    IMG_2514.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 1,436
  • IMG_2513.jpg
    IMG_2513.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 1,430
  • IMG_2512.jpg
    IMG_2512.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 1,669
  • IMG_2511.jpg
    IMG_2511.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 1,567
notice how the engine ground wire should attach to the hole just above the brake line.
my eye caught that , something aint right , and had to compare.

red

Here's a post I made a while back.
http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?t=6383&highlight=unrestored+car+****

The 69 looks really nice (and familiar) but I have never seen those valve covers on a 69.

Here's my RR's unrestored engine compartment. All org paint and harnesses just reg. maintenance items have been replaced. The org owner keep it up nice only adding aftermarket horns as they didn't like the beep beep horn, note the holes in the rad. support. I removed the aftermarket horns and plugged the beep beep back in.

Attachments

• 68 engine 026.jpg
    68 engine 026.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 1,430
I used every mag picture I could find, Year One catalogs, repair manuals, etc. I could find and took my camera to local and major shows looking for original mopars to put my 68 Charger together correctly. If your still looking I can send pictures and/or information.

Hey, I am working on a 68 Charger, any pics of yours under the hood, and any picks of the firewall dash assembly from inside if you had it apart would be great. It was torn apart when I got it, and have no idea how to get things back to where they belong.....:eusa_boohoo:

Last edited:

I'd be very interested in that collection of information. I'm restoring my `68 Charger, and though it's unmolested, having reference material is always a good thing.

OP, here's an old shot of my engine bay, 440 with A/C, all original factory equipment (as far as I know) aside from the improvised heat shielding on the heater hoses and the battery. I can take more detailed/close-up shots if you like.

cleanedup-14.32.41.jpg

could anyone that e-mailed me pictures, re send them my hard drive crashed and i lost them all. thank you in advance

this is my 68 GTX, the guy that had her before me used zip ties and mechanic's wire to hold everything in place. what a nightmare! she's not quite perfect YET!!!! lol (i know, i know, the heater hose bracket and the radiator are off a '69 :icon_geek:)

Attachments

• DSC01090.jpg
    DSC01090.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 2,065
Dude,

At the top of your browser, select "edit" then "save as" then chose one file. It will bring this whole page to your HDD.

Randy

Here's my 68 RR 383/479ci 6bbl still not completely done & a few minor changes to come still, it's not original looking but I like some changes, it is still the numbers matching block.
Apr21011.jpg

This is all I got - unrestored 318 engine compartment off my 68 Satellite

Attachments

• IMG_6720.jpg
    IMG_6720.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 1,321
Auto Transport Service
Back