• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Charger dream car

alecb

Local time
11:13 AM
Reaction score
I recently picked up my dream car, a 1968 Dodge Charger, I’ll post updates on this thread and my instagram page @alecs_automotive_adventures.

To start, I towed the car home yesterday from Anderson CA.
As I said in my Welcome Wagon post, this car is a 383 2 barrel automatic, GG1 racing green, with green vinyl interior and green vinyl top.

2680E2A4-A4A8-4C0C-BD80-53C20372A120.jpeg

71972169901__E1A83540-BDCF-4C88-A1C3-D5A064AC2885.jpeg

IMG_6423.jpeg

IMG_6419.jpeg

Nice choice and the same colors as mine was. By the way, welcome to the site.

Very nice, one of my dream cars too. Unfortunately, I don’t think I’ll ever see that one.

Looks like an awesome project! Looking forward to more posts.

Peel off the skin we want to see it’s guts!

I'm GREEN with envy. I'm sure you paid too much, but I would too! Congratulations!

Welcome aboard and a lotta great people and info here

I haven’t done much to my Charger since I bought it. Other projects have gotten my attention lately, but I want to start on the Charger at some point this summer. I did pick up a few pieces of sheet metal, I cut out all the carpet and pulled out as much interior as I could. The floors are totally gone. I would like some advice on how I can start fixing the damaged front. Should I just take it to a frame shop?

IMG_6697.jpeg

IMG_6696.jpeg

IMG_6698.jpeg

IMG_6794.jpeg

Firewall is tweaked, buckled and separated from the floor on the drivers side. Inner fender is badly bent, the cowl has a nice crease. Fender is a wall hanger now. No idea if the K frame is bad or not.

IMG_6453.jpeg

Starting to sound like a parts car to salvage useable parts from. Firewall/cowl damage is pretty major.

You can fix it! Looks like doing a whole front clip swap would be your best choice. I have a pretty decent whole front clip on a 70 coronet 4 door I would potentially sell if you are interested. Look up build threads by Kern Dog on his Jigsaw charger, he goes into good detail and fixed similar issues to yours I believe.

A lot of work, good luck

welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

You can fix it! Looks like doing a whole front clip swap would be your best choice. I have a pretty decent whole front clip on a 70 coronet 4 door I would potentially sell if you are interested. Look up build threads by Kern Dog on his Jigsaw charger, he goes into good detail and fixed similar issues to yours I believe.
Kern Dog actually lives near me. I don’t know why I didn’t think of him before. I should have him him come take a look

Wow, do you have a "Good Roller" parts car for that project?
You are going to need one .
Good luck.

Auto Transport Service
Back