• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Charger dream car

I'd part that car out without thinking twice about it. Save someone the heartache of trying to turn lead into gold.

Second generation Charger parts cars are a thing of the past.
Agreed. If the OP wants it bad enough he can fix that car! There have been worse looking chargers that have been brought back, although they do take a very long time to get done. If I were the OP, and in the interest of having fun with an old muscle car I would sell it and use that money to get a GM A body or mopar A or C body. There's some good deals out there these days and I bet that money would buy a running driving car.

I think that the OP has gotten scared off.
Not scared off, I never got any notifications about all these replies! Anyway, this project will be a big, time-consuming, expensive endeavor. I'm young and I'm not on some reality show deadline, so I think I'm going to stick with it. I see this as a challenge for myself. If it turns out to be too much for me to handle I know I can make a little off of this car. Like you guys have said the Charger market is insane these days. I have other mopars to play with if I get burned out or want to change projects. I will try to post updates here, but more consistent updates can be found on my Instagram @alecs_automotive_adventures

Good for you Alec! Keep at it and someday it will be done. A good friend of mine used to tell me when we were looking at seemingly impossible jobs that were thrown at us "it will never get done if we dont get started"

If you are going to build the car, do the front clip first, get the car true and square, then do the floor pan and trunk floor pan and go from there. My 71 Challenger convertible was totaled in an accident before I bought the car. I replaced the whole front clip from the tortion bar cross member forward. My friend put it on a 4 wheel alignment machine and the car was spot on and aligned perfectly. I have been enjoying the car for 22 years.

20221015_164702.jpg

20220522_130902.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back