• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Charger Mongrel

I finally got my quarter end caps painted and put on.

DSCN0352.JPG

I also got the T/A's Mounted on my magnum 500's and this is the first time it is on tires all the way around n 1 1/2 years.

DSCN0349.JPG

DSCN0350.JPG

I love the magnum 500 wheels. To me there is just not much you could do to improve what Ma Mopar did to a 68 charger.
I also got my sway bar put back on. and my park lamps restored and on. Pretty much done with the front and back. A few more things and I will be working inside the car.

DSCN0351.JPG

Now I have to address one more hurtle that I knew was coming. This car had two speed wipers and that wiper motor will not fit with the six pack air cleaner. I was going to put in a three speed wiper but that will require a wiring change on the inside of the car and I already have my wiring wrapped. In addition to a different switch. I think I am going to experiment to see if the three speed motor can be rewired as a two speed using the high and low speeds.

What size are the rims and where did you purchase them?And, the size you chose are they the original size that came with the car?

I started working on the 68 again a couple of days ago. I haven't worked on it since Christmas. But getting in the mood to go again. So for the past couple of days I have been installing the headliner. Not perfect but the best I could do. First one I have ever done with the sail panel boards on the underside of the headliner. Just not satisfied with the area going around the back window.
DSCN0415.JPG

DSCN0422.JPG
I installed the wiring in the dash and hung the dash back in. Starting on some interior work and wiring now.
DSCN0421.JPG

I am going to need some help with the interior as I go. Everything was torn apart and in the trunk when I got the car. I don't know how some parts fit. Especially the back seat panels (I guess you would call door panels)

Now I have to address one more hurtle that I knew was coming. This car had two speed wipers and that wiper motor will not fit with the six pack air cleaner. I was going to put in a three speed wiper but that will require a wiring change on the inside of the car and I already have my wiring wrapped. In addition to a different switch. I think I am going to experiment to see if the three speed motor can be rewired as a two speed using the high and low speeds.[/QUOTE
The original harness would have had the extra wire needed for the 3 speed wiper and unless you eliminated it, it should still be there. I changed mine from a two speed to a three speed and only changed the switch, motor and arm on the motor.

Just about to shove this thing over the hill side. Nothing seems to go right. I installed the roof rail weather stripping and shut the door. That's it! Just shut the door. I think I have been doing this way to long. I hear people saying they don't make them like they used too. WELL MAYBE THERE IS A REASON FOR THAT!
OK done ranting.(For now)

DSCN0423.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back