• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Charger Windshield Pillar/ Roof support Rust

Deere842

Local time
10:05 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys. Picked up a very rusty 68 Charger about a month ago and I’m about to start putting in a large order of AMD metal for the rear of the car.

Anyways, what concerns me is the rust where the roof support pillar meets the cowl. The drivers side is much worse than the passenger. The drivers side also needs the door hinge pillar.

Would anyone know what would be the best 68-70 B-Body to use as a donor for the post/supports? Thank you.

C9E7038A-2420-4F70-BCE5-E0698F416F86.jpeg 909F730C-5D7E-477D-8B9B-45144F628733.jpeg 7E49E674-3BFD-4438-892B-5D29162881D2.jpeg C9CCF44A-1E94-4CE2-A9AA-8B91A01F4039.jpeg

Hey guys. Picked up a very rusty 68 Charger about a month ago and I’m about to start putting in a large order of AMD metal for the rear of the car.

Anyways, what concerns me is the rust where the roof support pillar meets the cowl. The drivers side is much worse than the passenger. The drivers side also needs the door hinge pillar.

Would anyone know what would be the best 68-70 B-Body to use as a donor for the post/supports? Thank you.

View attachment 812581 View attachment 812582 View attachment 812583 View attachment 812584

You can use any door hinge pillar, off a Dodge or Plymouth 68-70 B-body car. We have some nice used ones, removed from a few 4dr cars, which will work/be the same. There is no difference on the front cowling width, between 2dr or 4dr. The upper windshield cowl, and lower cowl are the same. As far as the front windshield A-pillar, we may have something, but will need to look. Just start a conversation, if you may be interested. Dodge33

You can use any door hinge pillar, off a Dodge or Plymouth 68-70 B-body car. We have some nice used ones, removed from a few 4dr cars, which will work/be the same. There is no difference on the front cowling width, between 2dr or 4dr. The upper windshield cowl, and lower cowl are the same. As far as the front windshield A-pillar, we may have something, but will need to look. Just start a conversation, if you may be interested. Dodge33

Thank you for the information! I definitely would like the hinge pillars and the windshield A-Pillars if you have them. That would help me greatly. Thank you.

Thank you for the information! I definitely would like the hinge pillars and the windshield A-Pillars if you have them. That would help me greatly. Thank you.

I do know we have the hinge pillars, both sides.. we will have to check on those A-pillars for you. We are going out of town, for a week or so.. may find some good A-pillars while were gone. If you start a conversation with us, send your cell number, and we will get you some pics of the hinge pillars when we return home. Thank's.

Auto Transport Service
Back