• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 68 Coronet 2 door

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is still forsale when I come back from my tour in South Korea, I'll be giving you a call.

Looks like you generated some interest for sure!

Thanks for the replies everyone. At this point is still for sale and if anyone is interested. Please let me know. I will note it is a column shift bench car and the seat covers were done about 6 years ago. Has a 150 mph GTX bar speedometer that has been rebuilt/recalibrated and the amp gauge to voltmeter conversion by Redline Gauge Works. RTE IVR as well. Anyways, thank you again for your interest.

Sorry, I have been slacking here. Okay some people asked about more information. Here's what I know from the receipts and talking with the previous owners. The car was a special order no thrills Coronet 440 hardtop with a 318 with manual steering, manual drum brakes, SS1 (Yellow), White Top, and Blue interior. I have the Certicard showing it was sold new in Augusta, Maine in May of 1968 I believe. I did try contacting the original owner but he is now deceased. The car has been repainted once in enamel color from what I can tell and at that time they removed the trim and put mud in the lower quarters that is bubbling. What I can tell you is I suspect the paint is about 20-30 years old. The vinyl top is original as you can see the yellow underneath. The headliner, dashpad, glass, steering wheel is original as well. The bumpers have never been rechromed. As I said it is a driver and not show. Not perfect either but, considering the car spent 30 years in Maine I think it is pretty good.

The car passed few owners of whom did upgrades in the early 2000s and late 2000s before I got the car. One owner installed all PST stuff that included bigger front sway bar, torsion bars, KYB shocks on all four corners, poly bushings, new HD leafs in the back along with a rear sway bar, new master cylinder, installed a new gas tank, and did a little interior work. Then he sold it to another gentelman who did more upgrades. That owner upgraded the interior with new carpet, new Legendary seat covers, package tray. But, it didn't stop there. To date the 318 has never been rebuilt but, did recieve a Cloyes timing chain, a small camshaft (similiar to a 340), Weiand Action Plus Intake, Small Headers, Electronic Ignition from Mancini, Edelbrock 1406 carburetor, 2.5" dual exhaust from Summit with stainless tips.
Car went to Wisconsin from there. Owner flew in and drove it home. Just drove it for a while. Had the car for a few years and I ended up with the car through some trading.

Then I ended up with the car and what I have done so far? Well, my plan was to install a big block but, that fell through. So, my next plan was to either build up a hot small block or install a 5.7 Hemi but, my plans have changed. Then the 904 transmission went out due to age and mileage and I had that rebuilt by a local shop that installed a low gearset, shift kit, and PTC converter. I also started the process of converting into an R/T because I liked the R/T lights and panel better than the 440 ones I had. I also had a 150 mph bar speedometer installed with some goodies as mentioned above. I also changed the mufflers to Dyomax Ultraflo Welded 2.5 mufflers as well. In conjunction, I also have some new tires on the car that have approximately 1400 miles on them and the transmission has about 1200 miles. They are the Mickey Thompson radials. The door arm rest pads and bases are new. Along with that I have installed, replaced and or upgraded numerous electrical and mechanical items. For example, I put in a new aluminum radiator, new transmission cooler, new hoses and belt, upgraded alternator with a 70 amp unit, new NGK GR4 plugs and Firecore 50 wires, new water pump, new fuel pump, and new carburetor, and new valve cover gaskets that are a double layer cork with metal composite in the middle. I did replace the CD player that is mounted below the dash with one that works and oh yeah a newer Mildon thermostat.

At any rate, I believe that covers most of it. Why I am selling? Well long story short, I'm looking for something a little easier to drive and something with working A/C. My wife has a hard time with the manual steering and has issues without A/C in a couple of times I have drove the car out of state. I got in a car accident after I had the car for a short bit so I have problems with my neck on some days so when I have to park the car it is a chore for me.

What I'm looking for now is something with A/C, power steering, and power disc front brakes and or course in nice shape and running and driving. Intially, I have been thinking of a 2wd Dakota Convertible in really nice shape and so far no dice. But, what I would consider for another trade possibility would be a nice 74 Dodge Charger small block or a 74 Plymouth Satellite or Road Runner or RR clone with an small block/automatic transmission and again A/C, power steering, and power disc front brakes. Depending on the car I would accept a trade plus cash if I go the trade route. Well sorry for the long post but, I figure I would put that out there. Also, just wanted to add that I am located about 20 miles south of Kokomo, Indiana. Thank you.

Very nice car and definitely look like it's priced right based on condition and work done

Thanks tallhair. It is a great car to drive other than the mentioned things. Trunk pan has some rust that I will post pictures. Not bad but, I've seen much worse. I got one other trade option I am considering. May post that later depending on what I find out. Thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back