• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Coronet R/T parts needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChazRam

Local time
9:52 PM
Reaction score
Hi, looking for a few parts for a 68 Coronet R/T. We need a radio bezel, (ours is missing). The 'D' in the D O D G E on that tail panel is long gone. The rest of the letters are there but are a tad pitted. If anyone has just the one letter all all of them feel free to respond. Also on the hunt for a pair of 15X8.5 Chrome Magnums LBP of course. There will be more needs as the resto goes on. We are going through the fuel system now as the tank is not good and the pickup guage does not work. Its pointless to look for a used one as the ones we have found were not too good either so I suspect a new one will have to be bought. Thanks a bunch!! Parts to be shipped to Illinois 60188
Chas.:yes:

All posts are moderated till you hit 10, so no need to post over and over

Kyle, thanks for getting back to me. I hooked you up with my brother and he told me you guys worked something out on some parts. Thanks again!!
Chas.

RE: 68 Coronet R/T parts

ok Chaz, first, which "D"? The D-O-D-G-E tail letters used (believe it or not) different P/Ns for the 1st and third letters even though they will swap/ mix or match. That being said, I've collected up a few sets of these babies and I have a "decent driver" set for ya. I'm a helluva guy so you pay the postage and they are yours! now, the sender is most likely junk, the rheostat (the resistive part) is the part that burns open with the help of time, use, moisture, corrosion etc. Yours should be a 3/8 dia line version (Coronet R/T and SuperBee models) Others where 5/16 dia. found on 318 and Leaning Tower of Power Coronets. I have a few working units of both tube sizes here somewhere, gotta locate one. Ofcourse, you can go the repop route, (nobody will ever know) Paddock, Year-one or any of the online/Ebay parts guys can hook you up. Tank? Here was the route I went. 19-gal Nitrile steel repop tank squeezed out on old factory presses by foreigners, sold by Shermans for $99.95. Fits like factory, holds 19 gallons of Premium and the best part, NO LEAKS! looks like Ma Mopar put it under there herself. Back to the fuel gauge deal... Does your other gauges work? I assume you have the Rallye Pack Cluster lifted from the Charger line at the Factory as it is an R/T. Super Bees got that cluster too. I'm asking about the other gauges because the mechanical type Volt Regulator or the circuit board it plugs into on the back of your cluster may be the real issue here if nothing is working. it's that goofy looking metal can thing w/ points and a bi-metal strip inside. it opens and closes constantly to mechanically divide 12 volts down to just 5. very crudely, i might add but that's how it was done in the day. Even if it's working now, it can "stick" closed later and apply a full 12 volts forever to your precious cluster and smoke em like a fatty! Not Good! The trick is to replace it with a solid state model. with a 5 volt Zener Diode Regulator. works rock solid FOREVER!!!! No Smoked Cluster on the half shell! you can buy em but many people like me make em. 3 bucks spent at Radio Shack and a few minutes w/ a soldering iron. I hide all the parts in the gutted stock can that doubles as a heat sink for the IC chip! looks stock, it's plug n play! Hit me up @ if you need anything else, that's my Mopar Mail Address Later Dude!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back