• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 1967 Coronet R/T driveshaft

Status
Not open for further replies.

496coronet

Local time
4:34 PM
Reaction score
Hi there, I'm looking for the correct driveshaft for my '67 R/T. Length 51-1/8" center to center between joints. Original PN 2883 640 as shown on the broadcast sheet. Original yoke condition not important. If you've got one that is exactly this length please send me a personal message. Many thanks! Kevin

Their not cheap dana rear takes a 1330 Chevy joint, even the front yoke is 1330. Shaft has the weight ring at front. If not a numbers car I’d have Strange make one up

I have the AT lenght, and any good shop can shorten it.

It is a dana 60, 4-speed car with the inertia ring. It currently has the driveshaft from a '68 R/T with 7290 joints and the inertia ring but the length between joints is about 3/8" too long. I slow down for speed bumps and try to avoid pot-holes so no problem with the current 'shaft. But, I'm a purist and want the correct one! I appreciate the responses!

It is a dana 60, 4-speed car with the inertia ring. It currently has the driveshaft from a '68 R/T with 7290 joints and the inertia ring but the length between joints is about 3/8" too long. I slow down for speed bumps and try to avoid pot-holes so no problem with the current 'shaft. But, I'm a purist and want the correct one! I appreciate the responses!
Remember the yoke is different between those years, if you pickup the correct shaft it’ll have the 1330 joint. Get the one you have shortened, not a soul will know. I can get you the length off mine if you need it.

If your concerned about present driveahaft being to long? Have the car in the air and rear hanging unbolt d shaft and see that you can move driveshaft forward if it moves 3/4" I think your good. Checked my car with weight on suspension and full hang d shaft moved 3/8" closer to trans.

Remember the yoke is different between those years, if you pickup the correct shaft it’ll have the 1330 joint. Get the one you have shortened, not a soul will know. I can get you the length off mine if you need it.
I thought Govier was wrong in his parts book Vol. 1 calling up a 7260 joint, and mistakenly assumed the joints for '67 would be 7290. You are correct as they are 1330; I took a look at the yoke in the Dana and it has the outside snap rings.
I'm still hoping to find an original driveshaft. Thank you all for your responses!

Does your Dana have a 7290 yoke? If it has a 7290 yoke and your get a d shaft with 1330 u-joint all you need to do is switch cups. The cross piece of 1330, 7290 and 1350 are the same so the cups interchange.

Yes, the current set-up is a 7290 yoke on the Dana. Thank you for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back