• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Coronet Side Scallop Bezel

John Folz

Local time
12:02 AM
Reaction score
Need some help from the Group. I have come upon some confusion with the side scallop bezels on the 68 Coronet 440 my dad purchased a couple months ago. The car is an original survivor style car. There does not appear to be any damage or repair done anywhere. Every picture I see online the Scallop Bezels are orientated so the long tail is on top and bottom. There does not appear to be any holes filled in like they were on the car a different direction at any other time. Notice the orientation of the bezels on our car. Has anyone ever seen this before???

20220709_142540.jpg
20220709_150718.jpg
20220723_165746.jpg

Never seen them that way before myself.

I don't believe the 440 model is supposed to have those... Coronet 500 only..

1WildR/T is correct...the coronet 440 model did not get the side scallops, only the 500 got those. The Coronet 440 got the long stainless trim from fender to tail panel along the top body line. So someone added those at some point in the cars life.

Auto Transport Service
Back