• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 GTX Seat Belts/Bolts

69L48Z27

Local time
10:03 AM
Reaction score
I'm working on a 68 GTX with the interior completely out of the car, bought it that way. The seatbelt bolts/washers/spacers are kicking my butt a little. I know where the belts go but the hardware is the problem. I have most of it. All seatbelt are accounted for, front and rear, and I have 8 bolts. I have belts that are only 1 piece and then others that are two belts together. 4 of the bolts are the same shank and the other 4 are the same. I'm thinking single belt gets shorter shank and double belts get the longer shank. So far so good?

Where I'm getting stuck is with washers, washers with foam, spacers... I have the service manual but it's got a bunch of diagrams that don't quite match what I have. It also seems like the belt anchors will be free and 'lose', is that right?

Anyway, any seat belt information regarding where washers, spacers, and the right length bolts go would be appreciated.

Thx. - Garth

If you can't figure it out and no one chimes in you might try and call an outfit named snake oil products. Google them - they specialize in seat belt restoration - and I'm sure they could lend you a hand.

Will do. I sa that link when I did a search. Thought it was a bad link with that name.

Thx.

Quick update. At closer inspection I did have three different style bolts. Front belts were a non issue but rears are bit harder to grasp. Using the service manual was a help but still not clear. Lots of spacers, washers, and anti-rattle washers. Anyway, belts are in and safe. Thx.

Auto Transport Service
Back