• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 hemi charger

Sam d

Local time
6:04 AM
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have a 68 hemi charger , 4 speed disc brake , Dana super trac pac , owned since 1987, it’s a legit car,

Unfortunately,I’m have no tag or broadcast sheet,

Soo…where do I go from here?

Do I try and contact Galen? I understand that may not be a good question to ask.

Do I contact FCA historical services ? I understand that 68 and up info is all burned up?

Any suggestions please

I personally would not contact Galen,he is all about the money and not about the Mopar community. JMO Your in the same boat that Im in Sam with my Bee. You might as well post some pics or these guys will be ready to lynch you. ITS A HEMI :poke: Post the pics I put in the random thread and some before pics.

You can get a reproduction fender tag if you can provide proof of ownership and one or two other things. I don't know the specifics but a company known as ECS may be of help.

What, a 68 Hemi Charger and no pictures? Best of luck in your quest for documentation.

What you do is what you have done so far. Nothing. Nobody can get you anything legitimate. It would all be guess work. FCA is for 1967 and older.

And the first year for the super trac pack option was 1969, but don't believe me-look it up.

IMG_4498.gif

You know what you have. The only thing docs would do is add value when you or your heirs sell it. For me any old photos you have will be important in documenting it. If your car has the engine and trans stamped from the factory, you don't need anything else IMO.

Ok. Good to know…
Pics? Ok
Been in storage for 25 years
Had it since the 80s
Motor and trans are done

Got a vid of the motor on mike mastins dyno, not sure how to post it

F4DE351E-A9AC-41CF-8FF9-3D9E7FAA6DB1.jpeg

73294A13-F9F3-4E90-B89F-3162CD073778.jpeg

6E87229B-2D43-4821-8FEF-4C01E350EF99.jpeg

8BEEB733-85AE-4017-9828-7F1CE4483267.jpeg

I don’t really care about proving it, I know it’s legit, I just want to make sure I get the fender tag repro right and if I had original doc , it would be easier than guessing the options.

I know it’s a disc brake 4 speed Dana car
the poly burgundy is the paint
Interior is burgandy
Not sure if it had a vinyl top, I’ll look for filled holes for the trim later.
No ac
Power disc
Tic toc

Not really sure what other options

Im sure theres a list of what was avalible somewhere.

Forgive me, I’ve been out of the mopar scene for 20 years, was mostly restoring mustangs , but I’ve had 6 or 7 68-70 chargers back in the day..

I really wish I d hadn’t sold my 1-153 69 6pac bee on the column auto…or the 71 cuda convert I had out of high school

Stupid kid !:BangHead:

I’m sure we all have these stories….

I don’t really care about proving it, I know it’s legit, I just want to make sure I get the fender tag repro right and if I had original doc , it would be easier than guessing the options.

I know it’s a disc brake 4 speed Dana car
the poly burgundy is the paint
Interior is burgandy
Not sure if it had a vinyl top, I’ll look for filled holes for the trim later.
No ac
Power disc
Tic toc

Not really sure what other options

Im sure theres a list of what was avalible somewhere.

Forgive me, I’ve been out of the mopar scene for 20 years, was mostly restoring mustangs , but I’ve had 6 or 7 68-70 chargers back in the day..

I really wish I d hadn’t sold my 1-153 69 6pac bee on the column auto…or the 71 cuda convert I had out of high school

Stupid kid !:BangHead:

I’m sure we all have these stories….
Well post some pics of your wifes mustang and yours also the caddy. :thumbsup:

You will never get the fender tag repo right without the proper broadcast sheet or a fender tag that’s damage that shows the vin of the car. It won’t matter what you think you have.Unless the motor n trans stamping match the vin of car you just have a clone or revin witch is illegal.

Have you tried doing a Google search of your VIN? There are lots of posts on various websites of found broadcast sheets and even an occasional fender tag... Along with documents from selling dealers and all sorts of other things....

You will never get the fender tag repo right without the proper broadcast sheet or a fender tag that’s damage that shows the vin of the car. It won’t matter what you think you have.Unless the motor n trans stamping match the vin of car you just have a clone or revin witch is illegal.
An original Hemi car will have structural differences from a standard Charger. Torque boxes and rear axle center bumpstop,and rear framerail gussets that are specific to Hemi cars.

The vin tag is missing??

If I’m not mistaken, they didn’t start stamping vins on blocks until 69.
As long as I have the correct date code engine, which I do, then I’m ok.

It’s not a clone, it’s the real deal.

An original Hemi car will have structural differences from a standard Charger. Torque boxes and rear axle center bumpstop,and rear framerail gussets that are specific to Hemi cars.
That’s is correct, and I have all of that

Good thing that you hung onto the car. They are made of unobtainium these days, most of us are priced out of that segment of the market.
So am I :rofl:

I bought the car in the 80s when I was in high school for 7K ….

Auto Transport Service
Back