• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Original Plug Wire Presentation

Macdon221

Local time
8:40 PM
Reaction score
Good Day All,

First...I am a bit new at this compared to most...so please bear with me if I say something stupid!

I am looking at getting a replacement set of spark plug wires for my charger...and trying to do it as original as possible, Chrysler markings, date code etc.

With regards to wire plug end leaving the distributor (90 degree ends vs straight)...this is where I need some help.

From looking at other members builds I see different things. Also from venders...I see different number of 90 degree plugs vs straight leaving distributor.

The most common thing I see is #1, 3, 5 as 90 degree plug ends leaving the distributor.

In looking at some original brochures, see attached photo, (which I know may not be the way there were produced)...it looks as if only the #3 cylinder plug wire leaving the distributor is a 90 end.

1. What would be the correct orientation here?

2 Also...the number 8 cylinder (rear most passenger side) I think had different plug fitting. Was it just "straight" or a "135 degree ish" fitting?

3. Where is the best place to purchase these wires for correctness and quality?

I really appreciate any help one could lend.

Brochure.jpg

the NOS wiring I got for 73 BB and lates got all straight boots on dist end and two 135 degrees boots on spark plug end ( rest, 90 degrees ). But I have allways got doubts about if one of the 135 degress goes on 8 or 1 plugs since they are ( at least for 73 and lates ) practically the same lenght, and both fits nicelly on both cylinders

earliers setups I think got passenger side dist end boots on 90 degrees ?

This is the way I have my repro 1Q-68 wires. 1, 3, & 5 are 90's, all the rest are straight. All boots were 90° on my set so the #8 was just installed accordingly in conjunction with the wire retainer bracket.

20200327_142137.jpg 20190625_201944.jpg

Sellers name was midwaymusclecar through ebay

Auto Transport Service
Back