• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Plug wire brand recommendations

Jc cooper

Second gear fun!
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:47 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys, after trying, two sets of 8 or 8.5 Franklin spark plug wire sets and having the same issue, which is fire leakage at the distributor end , it’s time to change brands, 67 440 hp , aluminum heads , forged pistons , FBO ignition, and factory exhaust manifolds , what’s the recommendation on better plug wires!

Any brand of heli core wire with silicon covering. I like MSD, but there are others.....

Have used msd and Taylor, with no complaints.
I'm actually gonna try some 440 specific summit wires, that I have.
Imo, post #7 nailed it.

Something I recommend is buying the components and fabbing your wires. I've been doing this for decades and just plain refuse to buy any pre- made wires. If I booger a wire always have parts to fix it and don't have to beg someone to send me a new wire.

I have 8.5mm msd on both my cars but don't think they're any better or worse than some other.

I like MOROSO wires, the boots hold really securely and they stand up to the heat coming off the headers…

Auto Transport Service
Back