• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 RM23 Roadrunner, The rebuild of an old friend

That's a great idea except my wife could care less. She just likes to ding them up.

Boy does that sound familiar even the dinging them up part, it definitely doesn't add to the fun that's for sure. Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.

Here Fella's.......post this on the fridge:

goodwifeguide.gif

LOL....I can imagine. You know, I had a girlfriend like that once. I took her out in the woods for a week. The food we ate, I either collected, caught, killed, cleaned and cooked it. Fetched clean drinkable water every day. I chopped all the wood and lit fires for comfort, to stay warm and cook with. Pitched a tent for shelter and secured the rest of the supplies from the animals & the environment every day. Navigated the forest when we went out and about, and taught her the in's and out's if stuck out in it and trying to survive alone. At the end of the week I told her "Now..... is it too much to ask for you to fold a couple damn towels and change the sheets every now and then?"

Since we're off topic, (my thread anyway right), just the opposite is true of my wife. The first time we went camping, by the time I had the gear unpacked, she had the tent up, bags out, fire ring built and the whole camp organized.

When we were first dating, I lived in a small apartment that I had the walls covered with deer, elk and antelope racks that I had shot over the years. The typical undergrad co-ed that I would bring by would immediately say "eewww, you kill things?'

The first time I brought my wife by, she walked straight over to my biggest Boone & Crocket deer and exclaimed "Nice rack!" I knew she was the one.

and did you say "I was thinking the same about you" ...quickly ducking under desk.....

You guys are so easy to set up. That’s exactly what I said.
However back in those days I didn't need to duck, she had a better sense of humor before we had kids. She lost hers and I held on to mine. Why do you think I'm always in the dog house.

You guys are so easy to set up. That’s exactly what I said.
However back in those days I didn't need to duck, she had a better sense of humor before we had kids. She lost hers and I held on to mine. Why do you think I'm always in the dog house.

Not the rack I hope

Sorry guys, it's been a while since I've posted anything on this thread. The recession finally caught up with my business this past year as is typical, so the "hobby" money was a little light. Next year is looking good so far.

Still chipping away but behind schedule. Just wanted to give a status and let you know this project isn't dead.

Was a little bored today and I started fiddling with the panoramic funtion on the phone so I thought I would give you all a peek inside the Dog House.

32' x 48' split into 2 sections. Dirty working side and the cleaner Runner side. I still need to hang a couple of more cabinets and build the welding bench on the dirty side and finish hanging the fluorescents, build a couple of more benches and bring in a little more equipment on the Runner side.

The last pic is of the shop clock on the Runner side.

Shop1.jpgshop2.jpgshop3.jpgshop4.jpgclock.jpg

Shop1.jpg shop2.jpg shop3.jpg shop4.jpg clock.jpg

Nice shop Runner, the clock is pretty sweet too. Congrats

That is so cool

68 Plymouth hubcap as well. what did you use to mount the wheel to the wall?

attachment.jpg

That is so cool

68 Plymouth hubcap as well. what did you use to mount the wheel to the wall?

attachment.jpg

Hey TH, where have you been? I missed you, really. I need you to help keep me motivated on this project.

I'm glad you like the clock. It has a very cool story behind it that I'll share, so bare with me.

Two years ago my oldest sister, who knew absolutely nothing about cars, let alone 60s muscle cars, sent me that hub cap clock for Christmas. She said she found it online. When I opened it, I knew immediately what I was going to do with it.

The rim is the original spare rim from my bird. The tire is one that I have just held on to for many years as it was in descent shape. It's one of the fronts from back in the day. The shop wasn't fully complete on the inside at that point so I framed in that particular spot knowing that a full rim and tire would be mounted there. I simply lagged it to the framing with 3- 1/2" x 10" lag screws through the rim holes.

The sad part is that my sister died suddenly that January after the Christmas she gave me the hub cap. She never saw it mounted.

That clock means alot to me. Thanks for commenting on it.

Great story on the clock - it looks cool and hopefully brings great memories too.

I like your doghouse too!

Hawk

For what it's worth, the two 383 signs are mile markers. Back in the day you weren't considered one of the gang of gear heads I ran with unless you were able to "obtain" the mile marker signs that matched your displacement.

Many Chebys in my home town. I'll bet the state wondered why they always had to replace the 327 and 350 markers.

For what it's worth, the two 383 signs are mile markers. Back in the day you weren't considered one of the gang of gear heads I ran with unless you were able to "obtain" the mile marker signs that matched your displacement.

Many Chebys in my home town. I'll bet the state wondered why they always had to replace the 327 and 350 markers.

That's funny.....

Very neat clock Runner, and my condolences on your sister.

Auto Transport Service
Back