• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Roadrunner Magnums?

Sales literature and parts catalogs are printed well in advance of actual production release of vehicles.

And as such will show items not avail in actual production vehicles

For the record, the first mention of trim rings on wheels in my parts book is at the beginning of 69, they were 14”, and I believe they were brushed, with reference to lipped and not lipped. . After that there are references to both brushed and stainless, for A, B, and C body models, 14” and 15”.

What I had to offer is the fact that the brochure pictured was still using the chrome style Magnums from 67. He asked if a 68 car could’ve had the trim ring style, and if the brochure is accurate, then it must be either a mid year change, or the answer is no, not until 69, which would be my assumption anyway. There, is that enough help for him, or do I have to get out my parts books and do the rest of the research too?
Well, that's twice you've spent the time to be snippy - so I imagine if you'd wanted to actually help, you
would have by now.

Now....from the 1968 Salesmans' Guide (effective January 1968):
https://www.hamtramck-historical.com/dealerships/1968SalesmansPocketGuidesPlymouth-01.shtml
Untitled.png

Auto Transport Service
Back