• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'68 roadrunner on ebay

cavemanno1

Local time
10:36 AM
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I'm looking at a green '68 roadrunner on ebay!I'm interested about that car a lot and i just wanted to ask for your opinions.Never seen a roadrunner in my life(i live in Hungary and there is non here)so a bit of help would be great!
I know it has a few faults and the pictures are rubbish.seller claim newly rebuilt engine and trans.New floorpans and quarters but then they painted the whole car!Engine bay is badly painted,overpainted the lines so not too promising.
The good news if there is any it's numbers matching which i have to have in order to register her in my country!
Oh and that fold down armrest,never seen on any pictures i looked at before,is it original or from an other car?

Thanks,

Peter

Peter - can you attach the link to the roadrunner so we can have a look at her. It sounds like it has a lot of negatives. I wonder how much they're asking for her? I have a 68 GTX which is the same body style as the roadrunner. A lot of others on this site have similar cars so we can help you out. We want you to get the best car for your money.

Thanks,

Unfortunatelly i only have an iphone no laptop or tablet(i'm on the road at the moment and not at home)so can't link it here,sorry!
Already reached the reserve price at 12k.I know it has faults but if it stays under 14k then i can live with her faults!
Would go through the engine and trans anyway and repaint her!

If anyone would be kind enough to link it here to everyone to see,it would be great!

Thanks

This one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Plymouth-Ro...tr=true&hash=item2c9f11eb48&item=191647312712

$_57 (9).jpg

Yes,that's it!Thank you so much!
So what do you guys think?
I know it has a quick paintjob and who knows what their other work look like.But as long as it's not rusted out,then engine runs and not smoke i'm happy with it!Needs trunk floor for sure and mor metal work as well.
Went to legendary interior website but can't find a fold down armrest bench seat!
Does it belong to the car originaly?Wanto get new seatcovers but which one i need now,of cours if i buy the car!

Thanks

Hello. I don't think fold down bench seat armrest was available for 68 B Bodies. Cool car and 4 speeds rock!

There are too many things about that car that I don't like. My advice would be to look for something else.

Would be a good project car for that price; New paint, Hemi ?, Tremec 6 speed or 5 speed, Dana 60 rear end, bucket seats or full bench, fiberglass hood scoop, just a few starters; that is if you want a real street burner.

well..... we could all pitch in and help Peter by asking some SERIOUS questions that frankly he HAS to answer. two things will come from it. Peter learns all there is to know and buys it or the price is stalled by prospective buyers and Peter gets a shot with a lower price. My first question would be, "who" did the work and do you have receipts! If it is a flipper car...the questions will shake out the truth a little.

- - - Updated - - -

I just gave it a little jump start with a question.

I'd pass on that one. All sorts of stuff he's done to it that needs undone, for starters.
Figure on taking it back down and re-doing it all from scratch, assuming the body and driveline are solid.

i cringed when i saw the engine bay,if they sprayed paint over everything,
including the wiring harness,then you Know the rest of the car is just as Shoddy...
then theres the el-cheapo wheels...with the factory drum brakes..
the real killer is all the new sheetmetals he lists but Yet he says theres mud in the car too.
someones in for a surprise if they win that car.....sorry,not a 12k car there...jmo

Yeah, be careful. We thought my 65 Coronet was fairly solid but after pulling the carpet and cleaning up a bit, finding lots of pin holes and rust in the floor seams. Will eventually need a new floor but can't afford the restore for a while, so clean and patch up for now and try to keep it as solid as I can for now. Good Luck.

If I were buying a 68 sight-unseen then I'd go with this one instead.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161772513990?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

glad to see a Sport like mine with that price tag!!! :eusa_clap:

and BeatersRus is spot on with his observations. Heck just the sellers "selling id" makes me suspect. Not that mines any better but that one says FLIPPER

the last ebay posted is a much better looking car and it is a P code trim so the buckets are original to the car. Mine also came with the buddy seat (that makes it cooler right?) LOL

Last edited:
Thanks guys!Thought the same as you guys that bad paintjob,engine bay is a mess,claimed new quarters and floor but not show close up pictures when asked.New it would have to be taken back down to bare metal again but for 12k i thought it's cheap?If the engine bay is like that God knows how the rest of the work is done.Gotta be hiding something because all the pictures are too far away or out of focus.I would prefer if they showed what truly the car is with new floors and unpainted 1/4's!

Again i thought it's cheap enough to redo all their work!

Seen that satellite but everybody is going for roadrunners!Why is that?
They look the same and have the same engine so why rr's are more expensive and desirable then satellites?

Thanks guys,i will pass this one!

Thanks guys!Thought the same as you guys that bad paintjob,engine bay is a mess,claimed new quarters and floor but not show close up pictures when asked.New it would have to be taken back down to bare metal again but for 12k i thought it's cheap?If the engine bay is like that God knows how the rest of the work is done.Gotta be hiding something because all the pictures are too far away or out of focus.I would prefer if they showed what truly the car is with new floors and unpainted 1/4's!

Again i thought it's cheap enough to redo all their work!

Seen that satellite but everybody is going for roadrunners!Why is that?
They look the same and have the same engine so why rr's are more expensive and desirable then satellites?

Thanks guys,i will pass this one!
Peter....I agree with the price of RR's vs Satellite. Its prestige, cool, history of pure power (nobody says HEY my Satellite did such and such in the quarter lol) peer pressure, social status symbol, and most did have a big hinny engine with lots of POWER! :blob1: For me personally the Sport IS the same body and I feel I have a bonus with the P code trim buckets etc and after all I love the body style. I chased the RR and GTX's for years and never found a good one where the quality was equal to the price asked. We can thank Mecham and Barrett Jackson for sneaking the cash from the loose hands of the very rich for the price points being what they are today.

Me? I'll enjoy my Sport just like she is....hell the speed limit here is 60 anyway.(self justification :evil6: )

That looks like the rattle canned it and literally painted everything.. You pay 12,500 lets say.. You put 60,000.00 in to it to get it in decent shape and you will have a 50,000.00 car when done.... I myself can think of better things to do with 22,000.00 then throw it out on someone else's project mistake,,, just my 2 cents worth...

So Peter you probably learned a lesson on this RR. Not the car to buy unless you get it for 1/2 the price which isn't going to happen. Keep looking the car you want is out there. I have a 68 GTX and the reason they're more expensive is the upgrades you get from the factory. My car came with a lot of hp upgrades including the 440 375 hp engine. There was also cosmetic differences on the car as well. Chrome, lights, tach, various options that didn't come on the satty or the rr.

Bottom line is is the car is the same body. You can make it a clone if you chose to do that. I would say you should wait a little longer for your car. If you have $$ to spend your car will come up. This ones a poor bet for your money.

IF you were interested in an auto...I've been playing with the idea of letting my 68' RR go.IMG_0676 (2).jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back