• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Super bee rear window body clip glass molding trim locations?

SpartanGarage

Local time
9:26 PM
Reaction score
I found this picture from a rebuild of another member. I hope he doesn't get mad I stole his picture. The collision center that did the body work filled in all the molding holes on back glass. Could anyone point me in the direction of how to find measurements for spacing and how far up/down from bottom/top the holes should be or does it matter because all it does is hold down the trim? I am not in the office but will be in the morning and will post a better picture of what they did.

Also in that members picture are little foam blocks for the centering of the window. Does anyone know where to find these?

Back glass.jpg

That's my picture and they're just rubber blocks I cut. Some butyl kits come with the spacer blocks.

Yeah, the Blocks come in the 3M window kit. There was a post from me on the forum not too
long ago showing the location of all of the holes. I'll try to find it and re-post it here. If they
mig welded all of the holes up, you wouldn't want to put the clips back exactly where they
were because of the harder welds. move them one way or the other a half-inch.

This shot gives you pretty much what you need without measurements. The "pair" at center.. set your trim in place and just make sure you don't have a clip right near the overlap. I also believe the is supposed to be a "pair" top center, but mine only had one.
beerestoration2019 088.JPG
beerestoration2019 082.JPG

This shot gives you pretty much what you need without measurements. The "pair" at center.. set your trim in place and just make sure you don't have a clip right near the overlap. I also believe the is supposed to be a "pair" top center, but mine only had one.
View attachment 1037751 View attachment 1037761

Does someone sell the kit to install the window or is it just butyl tape?

Does someone sell the kit to install the window or is it just butyl tape?
All you get for a "kit" for back glass install is 15 ' of 3/8" butyl tape. Clips you'd have to get from someone like Jamie at Megaparts.. and he'd have the tape kit I bet as well.

Auto Transport Service
Back