• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Super Bee Turn and 4 Way Flasher

bobfake

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:31 PM
Reaction score
Hi all. Quick question. Is the turn signal flasher and the 4 way flasher the same part number on a 68 Super Bee? Just did LED replacement and the turn signals won’t work. I know I need a Grote 44710 for example for the turn signals. My 4 ways haven’t worked since I got the car, but not sure if it’s the same as the turn signal flasher?

Thanks!!
Bob

I don't know a part number but it will be different due to the number of bulbs the unit is flashing.
The LED bulbs need an electronic flasher unit and sometimes mixing incandescent bulbs and LED is a no go.

Back in the old days... :rolleyes:
The 4-way flasher and turn signal flasher were essentially the same part.
The only difference between the (2) flashers was the current rating was higher for the 4-way part, designed to handle higher continuous current/switching..
Regarding the use of LED bulbs and flasher operation, LED bulbs present a lower resistance load and typically require a special flasher..

Just my $0.02... :thumbsup:

I have all LED bulbs now. Picking up an argots 44710 turn signal flasher tomorrow. Just not sure if I need 2 or another part number for 4 ways. Thanks…

I changed my Challenger to LED bulbs a few years ago. I had trouble getting one of the systems to operate correctly and had to try a few different flasher units. Can't recall if it was the emergency flasher or the indicators that was the problem one.
You may also have to swap the leads that connect to the flasher unit terminals but I can't remember why we had too do that.
Got some flashers from a company hipoparts.com and used there unit LED-02.
Used this on the indicators and worked good.

Yup, with regular flashers polarity doesn't matter... LED Flashers it does matter... the wire positions need to be flipped..

Anyone remember back in the day as a kid… if you put the 4 ways on, and put the turn signal lever in either position… the accessories will function with the flash. The radio, wipers, blower. Some kind of a feedback thing I guess. This is without keys.

Keep in mind...
LEDS have a polarity...
For an LED to work it needs to be connected to a voltage source with the correct side.
The voltage supply side of the diode is the positive (+) side.

Just my $0.02... :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back