• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 vs 69 values?

That thing is really thrown together to sell. I know $40k doesn't buy much these days but a person would be better off paying $40k for an unpainted car that had good metal work done on it and everything in boxes than this one. Everything has to be redone on this car and it's scary to think what may be lying underneath the paint. JMO.
That car wouldn't even be able to pass safety inspection where I live without a heater/defroster and I bet that isn't the only safety issue.

Last edited:
Wow, slapped together job. That dash, OMG yuck. And the engine compartment hack job.

Hagerty still shows the 69 Charger more valuable.

IMG_6738.jpeg
IMG_6739.jpeg

Interesting.
I'd say Haggerty's are wrong, but then they should know a lot more about it than me. I wonder what their information is based on? Sales prices presumably, or insurance information maybe.

Wow, slapped together job. That dash, OMG yuck. And the engine compartment hack job.
I know the dash is poo poo, figured on changing that out, but what don’t understand is why folks are saying “slapped together “? And can you explain why the engine compartment is “hack job”
I need to know this stuff for future findings

^ You can see the photos right?

If you don't see the interior dyed in place with overspray everywhere, no seat foam, missing parts, engine compartment with apparently no bulkhead wiring, a chunk of sheetmetal screwed over the firewall, missing parts and rattle can galore (and that's just to start) I would suggest hiring someone to inspect your next potential purchase.

^ You can see the photos right?

If you don't see the interior dyed in place with overspray everywhere, no seat foam, missing parts, engine compartment with apparently no bulkhead wiring, a chunk of sheetmetal screwed over the firewall, missing parts and rattle can galore (and that's just to start) I would suggest hiring someone to inspect your next potential purchase.
In my experiences , a 1968 will sell for LITTLE MORE over a exact same cond and equipment 69 will.

But it isnt much

I know the dash is poo poo, figured on changing that out, but what don’t understand is why folks are saying “slapped together “? And can you explain why the engine compartment is “hack job”
I need to know this stuff for future findings
Blacked out engine compartments is a turnoff for the potential Mopar market. Its not a deal breaker but it reflects that possibly there was some quick touch up for hiding defects.

Interesting.
I'd say Haggerty's are wrong, but then they should know a lot more about it than me. I wonder what their information is based on? Sales prices presumably, or insurance information maybe.
There's no "high Performance" 383 in '68 Chargers (not sure about '69). HP 383 is 335 hp.

Interesting.
I may be wrong but I think Hagerty relies on public sales info, i.e., auction sales. It updates quarterly. And prices can be influenced to some extent by random events like when there are top cars for one model year that sell high versus a bunch of lower quality cars for a different model year that sell in that same period for less money. This skews the average price. But still over time a realistic trend line emerges.

Auto Transport Service
Back