• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 4 door vs 2 door bench seat

John Milner

Local time
6:00 PM
Reaction score
I have been unable to find a 2 door bench seat for my '69 Road Runner in my area. I have a very nice '69 4 door bench seat and I also have the backs of a '69 2 door bench seat. My question is, has anyone converted a 4 door bench seat to a 2 door bench seat with some welding/fabrication? What would be really helpful is a picture of how the 2 door bench seat backs attach in the middle of the seat at their pivot point. It appears as if there should be some studs in the middle of the seat bottom that the backs slide on to but I don't know for sure.

I think it would be fairly simple to just bolt up the hinges on the sides and create a stop for the backs on each side of the seat bottom. So, that part doesn't concern me as much as how the seat backs attach in the middle of the seat.

Wondering the same.. not a problem if you dont intend on rear passengers very often.

These are from a '67 Belvedere II and should be similar to what you need to do.

Center hinge.
IMG_2306.JPG
IMG_2309.JPG
IMG_2312.JPG
IMG_2313.JPG
IMG_2314.JPG

Side pivot.
IMG_2311.JPG

IMG_2308.JPG

IMG_2307.JPG

edit: added a couple more pics.

Last edited:
Great, thanks a lot for the pictures. That helps tremendously. After seeing your pictures, I think making a 2 door seat out of my 4 door seat and my extra parts will be doable with a little fabrication/welding.

Ya even bench seats are alot of cash for these cars...

Yes they are. I would have given a fair amount for one but locating one here in southern Oklahoma for sale was the problem. Will give welding on the 4 door seat a try and see how it goes.

Keep us updated. I’d like to see what you come up with.

Auto Transport Service
Back