• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 b body 6 way seats?

spoolinhard

Local time
7:57 PM
Reaction score
I have a set of buckets for my 69 rr, the drivers is the 6 way. I think that they each might need a stud or two,and I think that the 6 way seat is a bit rusted up, not bad just surface. I was wandering if these were standard option for bucket seats in 69 or if they were pretty special? What are they worth? keeping in mind they need complete restos.
thanks
-Kaleb

I have a set of buckets for my 69 rr, the drivers is the 6 way. I think that they each might need a stud or two,and I think that the 6 way seat is a bit rusted up, not bad just surface. I was wandering if these were standard option for bucket seats in 69 or if they were pretty special? What are they worth? keeping in mind they need complete restos.
thanks
-Kaleb

Not sure what you mean by standard vs. special option. An option is just that, something that was extra cost vs standard equipment.

This being said, there were quite a few sold over the years but they were usually ordered on Chargers, R/Ts, and E body cars and not typically on RRs or SB as they were usually lightly optioned. Most people like to restore their cars per the fender tag or B/S so if it is on there and the option is missing it is a desirable item to them. Others just like the option and would buy one today as I did for my 6 pack Bee.

They are worth what you can get. A good working rust free complete ready to install unit may bring as much as $600. The low end for a restorable one would likely be $100. Parts only maybe $50.

by standard, I mean did they make buckets without the 6 way option or is this another option on top of the buckets? My car was origionallly a bench car so these are going to be sold.

Yes, the buckets were an option by themselves. The six-way drivers seat was a separate option on top of that. Most cars I have seen with buckets came without the six-way seat tracks.

Yes, the buckets were an option by themselves. The six-way drivers seat was a separate option on top of that. Most cars I have seen with buckets came without the six-way seat tracks.

Correct, and the six way base was only available with the bucket seat option and not available with a bench seat. However many people don't know that on the earlier B bodies such as my 66 that the bench seat has several adjustable points on the sides of the seat frame. they are adjusted and set buy lossening bolts and moving the seat in those brackets. it is a two man job for the most part.

Auto Transport Service
Back