• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 B Body convertable quarter glass removal

MOPAR MIKES

Local time
5:14 AM
Reaction score
How do you remove the quarter glass on a 69 B Body vert ? Hard to see where it is held in and how it comes out ?

does not show how to remove glass in vid but I can see how the glass is bolted to the trak just cannot see those bolt on this car so may be a bit different ?

does not show how to remove glass in vid but I can see how the glass is bolted to the trak just cannot see those bolt on this car so may be a bit different ?
Removal is the reverse of the installation. Roll the window up and down until the bolts line up in the access holes on the inner panel.
Unless you're working on a Nova it should be pretty idiot proof. :poke:
I doubt the verts are different from the hardtops in this respect but I have been wrong before.

Well everybody is wrong... The vert has similarities but definitely has differences too... On a hardtop there are two bolts that allow you to unbolt the window while leaving the tracks, guides & regulator in the car... Sure would be nice if that were true on the vert... But it's not.... Everything has to come out & everything is unique to a vert... Even the rollers are slightly different....

It's been over ten years since I did one, so I'm not gonna try to give you a step by step, I can tell you try to not move the in/out adjustments on the guides... Mark the current positions so it's easier to get things lined up when going back together... And take pictures...

The regulator, guides & tracks all have to come out...

I worked mine 3 years ago, and Wild R/T is correct, the video mentioned above is certainly informative, but somewhat useless when working a conv. In addition to taking a lot of pics, I only did one side at a time, and used the intact side as a guide. And yes, everything has to come out.

Dale

Auto Transport Service
Back