• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 BBody Restomod Brake Line Questions

69ChargerVert

Local time
7:01 PM
Reaction score
69 bbody restomod... Dana 60 rearend from Dr Diff, 4 caliper wilwoods front and back...

1. What size lines do you recommend?
2. Steel, Stainless Steel or NiCop lines?
3. Run brake lines along rear axle with one flex line, or two flex lines with brake lines along body?
4. How are you mounting brake lines along axle? What types of clips/mounting tabs etc?
5. Yes or no on proportioning valve for this build?
All comments, pictures, sneers and cheers appreciated!
Thx,
Tim

69 bbody restomod... Dana 60 rearend from Dr Diff, 4 caliper wilwoods front and back...

1. What size lines do you recommend?
2. Steel, Stainless Steel or NiCop lines?
3. Run brake lines along rear axle with one flex line, or two flex lines with brake lines along body?
4. How are you mounting brake lines along axle? What types of clips/mounting tabs etc?
5. Yes or no on proportioning valve for this build?
All comments, pictures, sneers and cheers appreciated!
Thx,
Tim
Strange s60 from dr diff here with 6 piston wilwoods up front and 4 piston out back.

Wilwood states to use 3/16 whenever possible. I'm using nicop alloy 3/16
My rear lines are ran with one nicop hard line across the axle from To brackets near the caliper to convert from hard line to flex.
I used the wilwood adjustable prop valve

Brake line brackets can be found here

https://www.reillymotorsports.com/rear-caliper-line-brackets.html

I used 10" earls flex lines to go from caliper brackets to calipers, I have an extra set of 18" wilwood flex lines if you're interested in them

3/16 all the way and the European cars come with nicop from the factory. Nicop is also easier to work with.

Auto Transport Service
Back