• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 bee stripe

8A8DC43F-DA5F-4009-A1D3-D85474E28D7C.jpeg
806815A3-9516-4D77-841D-121621558699.jpeg
"Original" ...as to never being painted or having a new stripe installed?
Was this for me or the A12 reply. If me, then yes never painted or replaced at least on the driver side. Passenger side was hit and replaced

Here is a set of red NOS decals. Still have the boxes with the part # also.
Bee.jpg

NICE and the Bee and the SUPER BEE are of course clocked correctly, because they're OE. Phoenix had the entire circle clocked about 10 degrees wrong on Joel's stripe.

Actually he retired and moved to Camp Verde, AZ a few years ago but he was very active at all the local So Cal car shows for many years. A close friend of mine, he's won a ton of car show trophy's. He's had the car since the early 70's.
BillSuperBee.JPG

This pic taken at Spring Fling back in the late 90's as I recall.

Actually he retired and moved to Camp Verde, AZ a few years ago but he was very active at all the local So Cal car shows for many years. A close friend of mine, he's won a ton of car show trophy's. He's had the car since the early 70's.
View attachment 1044581
This pic taken at Spring Fling back in the late 90's as I recall.
I actually grew up in AZ. I have been to and through camp verde many times.

"Original" ...as to never being painted or having a new stripe installed?
Sorry I didn't see you question until just now. No, it was totally restored about 20 years ago. But I know SuperBee Bill's level of perfection is second to none.

He used to race it quite a lot back in the 70's. Burn out with slicks before race.
Bill's 440 SuperBee Burn out.jpg

I actually grew up in AZ. I have been to and through camp verde many times.
Let me know if you're ever over his way and I'll hook you up with him, I'm sure he'd be more than happy to meet and talk "SuperBees" with you :)

Sorry I didn't see you question until just now. No, it was totally restored about 20 years ago. But I know SuperBee Bill's level of perfection is second to none.
Thanks! That's why I asked as he has a reproduction stripe on it most likely and what this thread is about, mfg's that make them wrong. Any straight on shots of his stripe?

Thanks! That's why I asked as he has a reproduction stripe on it most likely and what this thread is about, mfg's that make them wrong. Any straight on shots of his stripe?
I didn't have a close up but I was able to expand the pic I did have. Hope this helps.
Bill's super bee stripe.JPG

Thanks, a bit angled so I don't want to critique it positively... but... it looks like it's clocked too far CWise and the Bee is "head up" vs what you see in the OE stripe that 69rag500 showed above. Did he happen to get it from Phoenix graphics?

Thanks, a bit angled so I don't want to critique it positively... but... it looks like it's clocked too far CWise and the Bee is "head up" vs what you see in the OE stripe that 69rag500 showed above. Did he happen to get it from Phoenix graphics?
I think it's the angle that's giving you the impression its CW or "heads up". Like I said, this was taken from a full size picture and blow way up so you can't really tell too much 'exactly'. Trust me, the car and it's graphics are perfect ;)

Also, like someone else mentioned previously, back in the day, at the factory, they weren't exactly putting these decals on with the precision of a Apollo Spacecraft. :))

The bee was a mistake by an employee during Covid uproar when we were short staffed. We did offer to fix the problem. The Bee was off.

Also, like someone else mentioned previously, back in the day, at the factory, they weren't exactly putting these decals on with the precision of a Apollo Spacecraft. :))
Manufacturers took little time put decals on perfect. The Trans Am bird kits were put on in one hour at The factory and are much more complex than the above mentioned kit.

Auto Transport Service
Back