• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Belvedere Hemi looking for history

No matter what it is its still a very cool ride. How many have slapped a v8 where there was once a /6 I bet lots.. Cool car either way enjoy it.

I wouldn't feel any shame putting that guy to any local show. At that price? Not a bad buy at all. Someone loved her. And did some very decent work. If it drives as it looks? History is moot.

Me? A conversation to a 4-speed (or 5-speed?) is not off the table? Would only add value. And move the "Fun" meter. And of course it would put your stamp on "Its my car now!"

Last edited:
RL21B9G274026

69_RL21_E24_D31_R6_274026_B.jpg

For me? It's cars like this why the classic Muscle car era was the best in US automotive history? Back in the day? We didn't build for no numbers matching rub it with a cheese cloth concourse crowd? We built for better performance and appearance. I know I will lose this argument to the "Blue Blood crowd." But I would be all over this guy.

For me? It's cars like this why the classic Muscle car era was the best in US automotive history? Back in the day? We didn't build for no numbers matching rub it with a cheese cloth concourse crowd? We built for better performance and appearance. I know I will lose this argument to the "Blue Blood crowd." But I would be all over this guy.

It was ALWAYS ok to up grade performance by yanking /6, 318, 2 bbl engines for 340s, RBs and Hemis.

It was NEVER ok to add stripes or badges to pretend you had something you didn’t. It was far better to have a Satellite with an engine upgrade than pretend you had a Satellite with a RR or GTX badge. “Cloning” was for posters and pretenders.

It was ALWAYS ok to up grade performance by yanking /6, 318, 2 bbl engines for 340s, RBs and Hemis.

It was NEVER ok to add stripes or badges to pretend you had something you didn’t. It was far better to have a Satellite with an engine upgrade than pretend you had a Satellite with a RR or GTX badge. “Cloning” was for posters and pretenders.
That I agree. That's trying to steal. Changing VIN and tags is a crime. Back in the day? This was primarily to hide stolen cars. Today? Misrepresent. Both are a crime.

Congrats on the purchase you’ll have to share new photos with us when you get her home! Enjoy it!

And they kept the original upper radiator hose…:lol:

Have you ever noticed that those hoses are in the 1968 parts catalog? I always turned my nose up at them too lol. They were available as factory replacements which I did not realize until recently.

Nice looking car, and its a Hemi... Drive the wheels off of it!!!

Congrats on the purchase you’ll have to share new photos with us when you get her home! Enjoy it!
Arrived an hour ago, just back from a test drive. Post pictures soon.

Can't wait for the pictures and your assessment of the car! I would drive the **** out of it!

Can't wait for the pictures and your assessment of the car! I would drive the **** out of it!
Un Fricken unbelievable condition. No doubt it is 11K original miles. My neighbor and good friend is one of the country's top street rod builder and restorer, 5 of his customer projects won major awards in the last 4 years in a row at the NSRA. He was here for the delivery and went over it before I poneyd up the funds. Other than a few minor imperfection's and not even a trace of ever having body work or rust. He gave it a big thumbs up and we went for test drive. He drove; I have a injury and can't drive right now.
It performed flawlessly, straight and true and the same when leaving go of the wheel and applying the brakes pretty hard. Interior is perfect glass is without any sine of scratches, Other than the dome light not coming on and the gas gage not working I can not find any faults. Although the speedo is off we were going about 50 and it was hovering around 65. I'm assuming when they put the dana in they did not change the trans gear drive. ( any body know how I need to go about correcting that issue?)
15" wheels all around, even the spare, with the correct jack. Exhaust system is crazy perfect 3" from the chrome headers all the way back and the electric cutouts work smoothly. Now about the engine. New 426 there are no stampings on the flat spot, I'll get it up on my lift later to check the #'s. The carbs are like they just came out of the factory box. Mini high torque starter, I'll be tweaking under the hood, upper rad hose, reroute some of the wiring and plug wire guides 426 HEMI decal for the air cleaner lid, paint the coil, glass bead some of the brackets, and add a correct 4x plug wire guide, air filter is not even dusty. There is a pile of paper work including the build sheet coming via Fedex this week. Also included a full set of torque thrust wheels mounted with new tires and a spare 727.
I am without a doubt over the top with excitement. Come on Spring.
Any feed back you guys might have will be welcome.

IMG_1906.JPG IMG_1907.JPG IMG_1908.JPG

Sounds like an awesome car. Great that you found it in such good condition. Congratulations on a score!

Un Fricken unbelievable condition. No doubt it is 11K original miles. My neighbor and good friend is one of the country's top street rod builder and restorer, 5 of his customer projects won major awards in the last 4 years in a row at the NSRA. He was here for the delivery and went over it before I poneyd up the funds. Other than a few minor imperfection's and not even a trace of ever having body work or rust. He gave it a big thumbs up and we went for test drive. He drove; I have a injury and can't drive right now.
It performed flawlessly, straight and true and the same when leaving go of the wheel and applying the brakes pretty hard. Interior is perfect glass is without any sine of scratches, Other than the dome light not coming on and the gas gage not working I can not find any faults. Although the speedo is off we were going about 50 and it was hovering around 65. I'm assuming when they put the dana in they did not change the trans gear drive. ( any body know how I need to go about correcting that issue?)
15" wheels all around, even the spare, with the correct jack. Exhaust system is crazy perfect 3" from the chrome headers all the way back and the electric cutouts work smoothly. Now about the engine. New 426 there are no stampings on the flat spot, I'll get it up on my lift later to check the #'s. The carbs are like they just came out of the factory box. Mini high torque starter, I'll be tweaking under the hood, upper rad hose, reroute some of the wiring and plug wire guides 426 HEMI decal for the air cleaner lid, paint the coil, glass bead some of the brackets, and add a correct 4x plug wire guide, air filter is not even dusty. There is a pile of paper work including the build sheet coming via Fedex this week. Also included a full set of torque thrust wheels mounted with new tires and a spare 727.

View attachment 1230418 View attachment 1230419 View attachment 1230420
First thing I would be keen on doing is proving that the air filter is one of those HTF ones....and swap it out for a K&N re-usable filter for general driving. Save the good paper element for car shows if that's what you intend to do a lot.

Sounds like a really good purchase that may have flown under many people's radar being what it is. :thumbsup:

View attachment 1230418 View attachment 1230419 View attachment 1230420
My jealousy cup runneth over this morning. Thank you for that!

That’s a cool car and the overall condition is worth a lot. Enjoy it.

Auto Transport Service
Back