• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 bumper

mopar505

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:53 AM
Reaction score
having a rough time finding a good rear core for my 69 coronet. what other years are same? maybe because its a pain in the *** to ship and nobody wants to sell?

Where in PA are ya ? Also who you going to get to chrome it ??
I can give you the info on the company (its at my shop) that did mine . Was the Best deal and top notch work !!
Also he stands behind them. What ever you do stay away from BUMPERBOYS !!!!

have your tried moparmarks?

i did, he has none.

- - - Updated - - -

Where in PA are ya ? Also who you going to get to chrome it ??
I can give you the info on the company (its at my shop) that did mine . Was the Best deal and top notch work !!
Also he stands behind them. What ever you do stay away from BUMPERBOYS !!!!

lancaster pa, i was going to get librandis to chrome it. they are by harrisburg airport. who you use?

What ever you do stay away from BUMPERBOYS !!!!

X-2

X3, looked at a 73 RR bumper from bumperboys at Good guys car show a couple of years ago, total crap. Still cant figure out how they were able to chrome the outside of bumpers while the inside was painted over rust!

I will get you the info to day when a I get back from the shop.

Ok here you go . Tri-City PLating
218 Mill Street P.O.box 68
Elizabethton,TN 37643
Phone: 1-800-251-7536 , 1-423-542-6532
Trust me I got a VERY good bumper and he has a Life Time warrenty on the chrome !
Mine back in 03 cost $350 ( no core)
Call him and let us know how you make out ?

- - - Updated - - -

X3, looked at a 73 RR bumper from bumperboys at Good guys car show a couple of years ago, total crap. Still cant figure out how they were able to chrome the outside of bumpers while the inside was painted over rust!

YEa the one I got was the same AND had a plate welid in it PLUS the bumper bolt holes was off !!
JUNK! is the best word for there bumpers !!

Ok here you go . Tri-City PLating
218 Mill Street P.O.box 68
Elizabethton,TN 37643
Phone: 1-800-251-7536 , 1-423-542-6532
Trust me I got a VERY good bumper and he has a Life Time warrenty on the chrome !
Mine back in 03 cost $350 ( no core)
Call him and let us know how you make out ?

- - - Updated - - -

YEa the one I got was the same AND had a plate welid in it PLUS the bumper bolt holes was off !!
JUNK! is the best word for there bumpers !!

just curious if you have ever dealt with these people? everything i have had them do is extremly good quality.
http://www.carchrome.com/beta/librandi/about.htm

Sorry but I never have. I was so disapointed with the bumper boys deal back then I did alot of serching and found these guys to be top notch. The nice thing was when I called the guy he knew what a 69 road runner was and how the bumper should be PLus had plenty on hand to send me !
Told me if I ever bent it he could fix it and if the plateing pealed he would redo it for free !
That has been some time ago but I am planning on calling them again for the runner I have now.
I always suggest shopping around but this is just what I have gotten and happy with.

If you want another place to check, Ogden Chrome, they just did all my bumpers, and real nice work. I don't know if they have cores available or not. They just raised their prices again, so I think they are now up to 625 per bumper to repair and replate, but that includes shipping to and from their shop. Thankfully I got mine done last year so it was a good price. I think they raised their prices because Denver Bumper went out of business, so there is no longer a shop in the rocky mountain area. Plus the EPA is all over chrome shops these days so cost to maintain a shop is getting more expensive.

The EPA and other govement sections are a very big reason these places are haveing to raise price's

found one ebay 125.00

I have dealt with Tri-City Plating before and they are top notch, the warranty there bumpers as long as you keep the receipt. I paid $400 to get the bumper on my GTX rechromed, plus they have a lot of odd bumpers so if you can't find one I would certainly give these guys a call.

I have dealt with Tri-City Plating before and they are top notch, the warranty there bumpers as long as you keep the receipt. I paid $400 to get the bumper on my GTX rechromed, plus they have a lot of odd bumpers so if you can't find one I would certainly give these guys a call.

i called them looking for a core to customize. did not have one and they said that they would not plate any bumper that has been welded or modified. i get what there saying. top notch companies dont take risks like that. i can get mine plated here locally so thats what im going to do.

back in the market for another good core, the one i have is to tweaked. again need it straight no dings/dents. dont care on chrome .anybody got one?

`68-69 are the same bumper. only difference is the brackets that hold them to the car`s end ,patti.

Auto Transport Service
Back