• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Charger center console location?

mopar4don

Local time
9:47 AM
Reaction score
So I used this pic as a starting point to mount my 4 speed brackets

8335599-console.jpg

so I layed them out and marked them on the floor using tape. (sorry no pics)

I had to convert my auto console over to a 4 speed console so I used this template and cut out clearance for the hump

20221112_182303.jpg

So the next thing I did was put the seats in and attached (bolted) the brackets to the console then I positioned the console between the seats and checked the position of the brackets to tape layout

20221112_202607.jpg

20221112_202631.jpg

Does the position of the console look right?

Front edge of console above firewall seam

20221114_185854.jpg

In the current position of the seats, the back edge of console is inline to the seat backs

20221120_182925.jpg

And the courtesy light holes are in line with the front seat buns
20221120_182957.jpg

do the gaps from the floor to the console seem excessive?

20221114_185931.jpg

20221120_182855.jpg

I just did my 69 charger was a original 4 speedconsole car it's hard to say from the pics but mine the console front looks to go up under the dash a bit more and as far as floor gaps the carpet kit and the extra side piece you can get will cover up that mine without the kit was about a inch or so off the floor hope the info helped

Like I said everything is based from that 1st pic so maybe someone could get me a dimension from the firewall seam to that 1st bracket. Automatic or 4 speed I assume is the same dimension

Like I said everything is based from that 1st pic so maybe someone could get me a dimension from the firewall seam to that 1st bracket. Automatic or 4 speed I assume is the same dimension
Anyone??

Best I can do with an assembled car Don. Rule is shoved hard against the carpet. My car is A/C, so the box pushes the folding rule down a bit. I can feel the firewall but it won't flex enough to make contact.

1669482485945.jpeg

so is that ruler laying flat on the console? and your getting approx 9 inches from the firewall to the front edge of the console?

Could you get me maybe another dimension? With the seat all the way back, measure from the front of the seat bun to the center of the courtesy light

2022NewCarpet4.jpg

Also in this pic it looks like the back of the console is above the seat belt bolt

2022NewCarpet7.jpg

If you want I can take some measurements tomorrow for you and some pics the only thing my seats are out right now
That would be great!
I keep thinking that if someone could confirm the back edge of the console is in-line with the seat belt bolt hole then I would be good.

That would be great!
I keep thinking that if someone could confirm the back edge of the console is in-line with the seat belt bolt hole then I would be good.
Ok will get some measurements for u tomorrow I will be out there was going to today but got home late

Ok will get some measurements for u tomorrow I will be out there was going to today but got home late
i measured from seat belt bolt to back of console it was 1 inch I got some pics for u if I can figure out how to post them to u

That would be great!
I measured from seat belt bolt center to back of console it was 1inch I got some pics for you to if I can figure out how to post them to you

I measured from seat belt bolt center to back of console it was 1inch I got some pics for you to if I can figure out how to post them to you

That would be great!
I posted some pics let me no if you got them also the side piece was off on driver side

Auto Transport Service
Back