• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 charger Quarter window inside trim pads

Grandbob

Local time
2:32 PM
Reaction score
Evening friends
I'm getting back on my basket case 69 charger getting things together for the quarter window trim pad .
Anything wrong with pop riveting the inside whisker/sweep to the trim pad ?
I have a set of sweeps that came with the OE style staples and another set came with very small screws ,my buddy say the screws could vibrate loose, I said half the car is screwed together, he went home mad ..
I'd like to use the staples but haven't found any helpful information on how to drive, squeeze or push them in without messing up something. I don't have a computer here just my phone I was hoping to find some videos on the forum but I guess me or my phone ant all that,, thanks

I used some pop rivets. 3/32 X 1/4". They worked perfect. I found some black steel rivets. Can't remember where. Probably Ebay. Here are a couple pics. You can see one of them in pic #4. I put them in about 4-5" apart. If you can't find the black ones, you can touch them up with some black paint afterwards. Good luck.

100_0724.JPG

100_0725.JPG

100_0726.JPG

100_0727.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back