• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'69 charger r/t-se: Building my dream car

Did I mention the Chebbie's going back together fast?

IMAG1814.jpg

IMAG1868.jpg

I think I might stick with the orange fender just long enough to get a picture with Hot Rod Roadkill's Charger lol (seriously completely by accident)

IMAG1864.jpg
paragraphimage.jpg

Oh and the Viper seats have landed! Beyond happy with them, super snug, comfortable, top notch fit n finish, everything you'd expect from a Mopar supercar. Really hit the jackpot in this one, $515 for the pair after shipping halfway across the country. Christmas came a couple weeks late for the Charger

IMAG1909.jpg

IMAG1905.jpg

IMAG1906.jpg
:eek:ccasion14:

Now that's the attitude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Practice on a the......... Nevermind, I'll quit busting your balls about the Chevy. It does look good Speedy. I see your pondering a T56? I'm hoping to have the install done in short order depending on how much garage time I get so you'll have a good idea (around $3,000 for everything is safe). I really like your list, sounds like a sweet Charger! I've been farting around with how to get some more power out of mine without sacrificing the drivability and like your approach only I have one big problem "a shaker scoop". Looking forward to it.

Lol it's all good I openly admit the Chevelle is my trial run for the Charger! I'm gonna have to go back and re-read some of our messages, I think I'm gonna take a shot at a 3-piece carbon fiber trunk spoiler on the Chebbie before I go for Frankenstein's cf instrument cluster. And thanks man, I know I was going for "driveable" before but the Procharger has really forced my hand on this one, all the "endgame" things really need to be done now and in order if I want the old dodge to be all it can be.

And yeah the Viper t56 has been an option in my head since day 1 loI can't wait to watch your install! I'm hoping with one project out of the way my wallet will be a little more freed up for these Charger plans. Probably going to take another year to get it all done but it's already been 3 so what the hell! Haha

Honestly I have a lot of respect for the big power N/A guys, but in my mind there is no better streetable way to make power than boost. It's way more efficient especially in terms of the stress put on the engine at the same power level as an engine relying on stroke and/or rpm. And the more I researched centrifugal superchargers like Procharger's, the more I wanted one lol. They have a great track record for serious streetable power and reliability. Might have to sit your shaker on top of a carb hat lol!

I'm sold, these things fit the Charger perfect

IMAG1934.jpg

IMAG1926.jpg

IMAG1961.jpg

Still gotta finish the Chebbie but when I get back to this I'll be mounting the seats the same as I did in the Chevelle, machining a spacer for each corner (bolt) of the seat and running bolts through each of the sliders the seats are on now. This will give me the chance to get them level and custom fit how high off the floor I want them, although everything's pretty close right now just sitting in there haha. Makes my job easier!

X2, on the seats. I agree with you 100% with the procharger but that will be down the road a ways. I know turbo is not ever going in the Charger for sure, just can't justify turning the engine compartment into a jungle gym (kinda defeats the purpose of owning an easy to work on classic Mopar if you ask me).

Those seats look sexy in there. I need a set of those. My seats are no good when going in the corners hard. Nice job. I have had 3 boosted cars before and it is awesome . at some point a supercharger going on the Hemi.

We're going to end up with a whole crew of Supercharged 6 speeders at this rate haha:headbang:

Looks like me and blackie are on the home stretch! Got my exhaust hung, modified and matched up to the new headers, got the alignment done, and rolling through the laundry list of to-do's with a vengeance. Hopefully only a week or so away from being back on the road! :icon_pray:
IMAG2003.jpg

Got a decent view of the past 2 months' work while it was up on the lift lolIMAG1997.jpg

"The kids are back" :headbang: going fenderless one more time for some last few odds and ends
IMAG2096.jpg

Did some craigslist shop improvement and scored those fluorescent lights in the last pic for $30, made a huge difference in the shop
IMAG2097.jpg

Finally finished up the heater and got it in, no more massive hole under my dash. Also took the opportunity to replace the blown core, might come in handy daily driving in oregon winter haha
IMAG2113.jpg

IMAG2140.jpg

IMAG2138.jpg

And the return of the R&M wire looms haha, I love these things.
IMAG2107.jpg

IMAG2102.jpg

Moving right along!
IMAG2098.jpg

And on the Charger front, I mentioned over 747's Viper t56 install thread that I'm starting my "6-speed Frankenstein Fund" selling some parts I had sitting around in the shop. Pretty stoked to report the fund is already up to $850 over just the past few days! Hoping to have a T56 here by my birthday in February at the latest, but at least we're off to a good start

Those Viper seats look awesome!
Thanks 6speed and welcome aboard the thread haha nice car!

X2, on the seats. I agree with you 100% with the procharger but that will be down the road a ways. I know turbo is not ever going in the Charger for sure, just can't justify turning the engine compartment into a jungle gym (kinda defeats the purpose of owning an easy to work on classic Mopar if you ask me).
Thanks Dev! And yeah I really like turbo setups but they definitely turn into an exercise in space management haha I'll stick with my Procharger haha

Those seats look sexy in there. I need a set of those. My seats are no good when going in the corners hard. Nice job. I have had 3 boosted cars before and it is awesome . at some point a supercharger going on the Hemi.
Thanks man! And yeah I know what you mean, those were dark days back when I had a bench seat in the chebby, sliding all over the place haha. I assumed the Viper seats would hug like a sports car and they did not disappoint at all.

We're going to end up with a whole crew of Supercharged 6 speeders at this rate haha:headbang:
Nothing wrong with that! Sounds like a club I would actually want to be in lol

X3 here . . . Love the Viper seats and maybe . . . a supercharger in the future, but let me get the car done and running first ! ! !

Might have to sell the Challenger seats . . . they sit too high . . . still investigating my options . . .

Wow speed, Outstanding? awesome? You pick bud, you are unreal! I envy anyone who loves old cars and there your neighbor, OH buddy.. :)

Hey, I'd like to contribute to the "6-speed Frankenstein Fund" !!

What ya got left to sell to me?
I've been amassing parts for the GENERAL .. !!
Got 3 bucket seats for the front already, got any more to sell me?
:laughing7:
I'm just about ready to put my 440 on a stand @ my buddies garage,
could use a bunch of parts for it .. whatchagot?
:car flipper:
Mike..

And on the Charger front, I mentioned over 747's Viper t56 install thread that I'm starting my "6-speed Frankenstein Fund" selling some parts I had sitting around in the shop. Pretty stoked to report the fund is already up to $850 over just the past few days! Hoping to have a T56 here by my birthday in February at the latest, but at least we're off to a good start

You have some seriously good taste speedy. I am not a Chevy guy but I love yours and that's a super nice score on the viper seats. I spent twice that rebuilding the originals for my bird and they don't have the exotic look you got. I can't wait to see both of them done. As always, your work looks amazing.

Way to shed some light on the situation. Amazing how just a set of light bulbs can make life so much easier when working on something. Keep up the pace man! Couple real slick cars will be hitting the pavement real soon.

Well guys, looks like it's that time again..
1262.jpg
It's aliiiiiiiive!

[video=youtube_share;89dFHHtT02A]http://youtu.be/89dFHHtT02A[/video]

Had a long week there getting the last of the odds and ends ready for a maiden fire-off, with a missing wire, a power steering pump leak, an unplugged hei module, and a missing water temp sending unit with an accompanying lake of coolant standing in my way. But all's well that ends well, I ended up swapping in a remanufactured power steering pump, popped in the hei module plug, and the it fired right off! Bumped up the initial timing a little and now it starts instantly and screams through the rpm's, I think it's still pissed from being on jackstands for 2 years haha

IMAG2373.jpg

Naturally Murphy's law had to kick in at some point, and after swapping in the new PS pump I found out the box is also leaking from the input shaft seal. So I picked up an $8 rebuild kit for the coupler on my old box and went surgical, hoping my old box will fix that issue when I swap it back in tonight.

IMAG2454.jpg

IMAG2465.jpg

IMAG2470.jpg

IMAG2438.jpg

Also took some time last weekend to bleed the brakes (yes, the calipers were right side up) and got to work on cleaning up the janky wiring I had been living with since I bought the car. Still a bit of work left to do on that but I did get the headlights installed and the halo's wired up, hopefully I'll be able to grab a better picture once it's out of the shop

G0730645.jpg

So a pretty successful past couple weeks at the Speedfreak camp! I'll probably do some work to the fenders and hood, and some more wiring cleanup before it goes back on daily driver duty, but if the old power steering box works out there shouldn't be anything stopping me from lighting off some tires this weekend, closing down the home stretch fellas!

Great news Speedy, wish you all the luck with the Chevy but only so you can get back to work on Frankenstein. I'm going threw progress withdrawals here Speedy!

I agree with the "withdrawals" :) Speed, i do love those gauges!!! I like all these BRAND new parts but those remind me of getting close to the midnight ride ;)

Speedy where you at!?!? By now we want news the Chevelle is back on the road and you're wrenching on Frankenstein like you should be! haha

Auto Transport Service
Back