• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Charger reverse lights

440satellite

Local time
3:33 PM
Reaction score
I'm in the early stages of a 69 Charger restoration and without even noticing when I bought the car that it has no reverse lights in the rear valence. I just assumed somebody had used a 68 valence. A buddy of mine who had done a 69 in the past told me that not all 69's had the reverse lights in the valence, but I can't find any pictures to support this. Has anybody heard of the reverse lights not being in the valence of a 69 Charger?

69 Reverse lights??

I`ve been into restoring Mopars ( mostly 68-70 B Bodies ) since the mid 70`s & never heard of this. The 68`s had reverse lights in between the brake/running lights in the upper panel. 69-70 where in the lower panel. 69 lights were female connectors & 70 were male like these from my restored 70.
Maybe someone has changed the panel & replaced it wrong?? I bought a 70 twenty plus years ago, that someone rear clipped with a 69 and put 70 aftermarket quarters on it. I didn`t notice until i went to install the rear 70 seat belts that bolt through the side panels , & the factory nuts were not there. On 69`s the rear belts all bolt through the floor pan.
Here`s a pic of my 70 & you can see the nut hole down low & close to the rear wheel well.
Hope this info helps a bit.

Attachments

• 00 015.jpg
    00 015.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 290
  • 000 012.jpg
    000 012.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 276
Auto Transport Service
Back