• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Charger RT Fender Tag question

MRBOH23

Local time
5:20 PM
Reaction score
Hi guys, I recently sold my 70 RT Charger to hunt for my dream 69 RT Charger. With my wife’s support, we found the car put a deposit on it and are bringing it home in May. It is a real RT with a date code correct 69 440 HP engine, numbers matching 4spd and Dana 60. The car has been rotisserie restored and is the beautiful original T5 copper. As far as a build sheet, its no longer with the car. The original fender tag is though, how can I get a list of what exact options the car came with besides whats on the fender tag?

Hi guys, I recently sold my 70 RT Charger to hunt for my dream 69 RT Charger. With my wife’s support, we found the car put a deposit on it and are bringing it home in May. It is a real RT with a date code correct 69 440 HP engine, numbers matching 4spd and Dana 60. The car has been rotisserie restored and is the beautiful original T5 copper. As far as a build sheet, its no longer with the car. The original fender tag is though, how can I get a list of what exact options the car came with besides whats on the fender tag?
Watching

The original fender tag is though, how can I get a list of what exact options the car came with besides whats on the fender tag?

You would need the BS or a window sticker. The fender tag does not tell you all of the options the car came with. For example, neither St. Louis or Hamtramck cars code for things like power steering or Road Wheels.

There are no secondary resources to find your specific sheet. You may be able to search places like Hamtramck Historical or Moparts to see if your sheet wound up in another car and someone saved it.

https://www.hamtramck-historical.com/found.shtml

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthread...ms/18/1/lost-found-clubs-businesses-jobs.html

Last edited:
You would need the BS or a window sticker. The fender tag does not tell you all of the options the car came with. For example, neither St. Louis or Hamtramck cars code for things like power steering or Road Wheels.

There are no secondary resources to find your specific sheet. You may be able to search places like Hamtramck Historical or Moparts to see if your sheet wound up in another car and someone saved it.

https://www.hamtramck-historical.com/found.shtml

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthread...ms/18/1/lost-found-clubs-businesses-jobs.html
I had wondered about that. A code does exist (S77) for power steering. Then again, my charger is a Hamtrack car with power steering but it’s not listed on the fender tag and I thought it wasn’t original to the car.
Thanks for pointing that out!

Interesting about St Louis and Hammtrack. It's pretty crude and basic and not 100% accurate....but you can always look at what was available vs. what you see on the car, then look at patina of those parts to see if they look "original". Some cars with many previous owners or one that was street raced, you may never know.

The looking for patina to know if It’s original is kinda out the window 50+ years later.

Power steering boxes have a date code casted into them...if it pre dates your car by a month or two you're good

Just tell everybody it's like the wing car conversions. Seats were removed an thrown in a pile until window plugs installed. When the car reassembled the seats on top the pile were used.

Post the data tag, there are options that are on the tag that require other options that would not normally be on said tag

Hope that makes sense

Skip that guy. Govier is either independently wealthy or in a deep depression. Either way, his customer service blows for the past decade or so. Detroit Muscle Technologies or ECS I believe.

Auto Transport Service
Back