• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Charger Trunk Pan

xs-ivv

Local time
10:52 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys has anyone done a trunk pan on a 69 Charger? I need to know if the rear lip of the trunk pan is supposed to sit flush with the rear edge of the rear cross member. I have searched multiple build threads but I can't find any detailed pics of this area.

20211219_114013.jpg 20211219_114001.jpg

Check out Chris on Junkerup on you tube. He has done several on video. But I believe so.
I think he has done several floors on his channel,

Yes I have watched quite a few of Chris's videos. I don't recall him mentioning this specific measurement though. I will have to spend some time tonight and research more.

Thanks. For now I have installed the pan with self tappers only. I am going to wait until the rear quarters, rear valence and tailight panel go on before welding the floor in. I am thinking that this might need to all come together at the same time.

Thanks. For now I have installed the pan with self tappers only. I am going to wait until the rear quarters, rear valence and tailight panel go on before welding the floor in. I am thinking that this might need to all come together at the same time.
Best to not weld anything until every panel is mocked up. I'm just doing my trunk now and the factory trunk lip was atleast 1/4 inch past the rear x memeber before the steel turns up 90 degrees where the valance attaches.

Thanks for the measurement. I have the pan screwed down 1/4" past the crossmember as you mentioned.

Yes,
Rear tail light panel does in fact weld to the lip on the trunk pan

Thanks for confirming that. Should be an interesting puzzle when the quarters go on!

Auto Transport Service
Back