• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Coronet Engine to Firewall ground strap question

themechanic

Oklahoma is OK
Local time
9:42 AM
Reaction score
The previous owner did not install a ground strap from the engine to the firewall. Most of the holes were either filled-in or there is a new firewall under the paint. So, where does it connect to the firewall? Also, what does one look like and where do I get one? Like they say, 'A picture is worth a thousand words'.

Thanks FBBO

IMG_0360 (Large).jpgIMG_0041 (Large).jpgShould have a shot or two.
Most of the reproduction places carry them like RT Specialties, Mega, Dante's etc...
Ron

Ground strap

Here you go Roger.a little hard to see

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 541
Here is mine on my filthy driver. Glad to find that there is one there.

image.jpg

Thanks again fellas.

I just now bought one on eBay like the one on Dennis' car minus the dirt, of course. :)

I'm replacing a ratty ground strap on my 67, just wondering how much current actually flows through it. Would the firewall strap be mostly for the instruments, interior lights and horn? Then again the headlight harness is grounded off the rad support, that must go back through the firewall strap. Seems to me like it should be pretty heavy gauge, but they stock ones seem pretty light-weight.
:confused:

Auto Transport Service
Back