• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Coronet Hotchkis front sway bar?

image.jpeg
Installed.

I didn't expect it to be as noticable. It did not scrape the driveway pulling in though. Maybe the sticker will be removed.

I think it looks cool on there. I'd leave the Hotchkis name on it for bragging rights.

BTW, I sold that oil pan because it hung down too low. Went back stock.

image.jpeg
Just an observation. Oil change time. Bar interferes with the jack aimed at the cradle. It moved a bit, just kept jacking. Moral of story: Every #%*^ing thing inteferes with every #%^*ing thing else. Sorry about the California sun. 80, blue sky, light breeze, humidity about 20% if that.

image.jpeg
Gets better. Not the worst day in 45 years, but didn't get a good feel from the drain plug, discovered the scrape, and the cassette player stopped within 30 seconds. That rotten Hamilton Avenue shopping center exit. Not sure if that's San Jose or Campbell, but it sucks.

image.jpeg
This is so things don't go from annoying to really bad. Notice how many threads are related? This is in sync with the average age thread.

More. The bar reduces the clearance to remove the Wix 51515 oil filter. Still clears though.

I think you may have it installed upside down. I have a hotchkis front sway bar and it curves the other way, going over top of the support brace. When mounted that way the sticker is upside down, but there are none of the clearance issues you're having. I think someone at hotchkis is putting the stickers on upside down and confusing the installers, we almost put mine in like that too and decided it couldn't be right after realizing it fit the other way.

Man, we talked about this in another thread! OMG. I'm sending this pic to Hotchkis to confirm/deny.

Man, we talked about this in another thread! OMG. I'm sending this pic to Hotchkis to confirm/deny.
I thought I had just seen another post mentioning it, but I couldn't find it when I went back to look for it. Here's a pic from right after mine was installed.
DSC03932.JPG

I thought I had just seen another post mentioning it, but I couldn't find it when I went back to look for it. Here's a pic from right after mine was installed.View attachment 431122
Can't believe this happened, but I think you are correct. Thanks for finding the pic. I did email Hotchkis in the meantime. I'm gonna go out and see if I can strip the drain plug. 1 step forward, 3 steps back.

Leno scraped the heck out of someone else's car on his YouTube channel test drive. The owner just got the car from the builder and Leno scrapes it getting off the highway. Dennis, I don't know if all of California's exits are like that but maybe you live near Leno's garage.

You NEVER install sway bars to change the weight. You install sway bars to help paste the grin on. Of course my line is "what? I did not squeal the tires".

It looks like it's upside down. See the installation video from Hotchkis.

Showing the front sway bar installed at about the 4 minute mark.

Now I'm pissed at Hotchkis for putting the decal on upside down.

It's possible that I'm the one with his swaybar upside down. Maybe they're designed to work oriented that way for some reason. Seems like it makes a lot more sense the way it is on my car though. I don't have any of these clearance issues.
DSC03930.JPG

Of course, we took the sticker off because it looked kind of silly upside down.

Auto Transport Service
Back