• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Coronet Hotchkis front sway bar?

My ADDCO bar goes up and over the support bracket.

IMG_0858.JPG
IMG_0060.JPG

The bend does go over the support brace, at least as a factory sway bar. Little reason to think aftermarket would make major changes, unless as complete kit, like the Magnum Force Kits. I believe the sticker may be upside down as discussed.

Dennis, I searched FBBO and found this thread with a Coronet and Hotchkis suspension. Looks like the bar actually hangs down like yours.

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/new-hotchkis-suspension-complete.53215/

It looks like it was noted in that thread that his sway bar was installed upside down as well. I don't see any discussion there pointing out why it should be mounted hanging down like that as opposed to over the brace, which gives much more ground clearance.

Someone on that post pointed out his bar was thought to be upside down, however no reply was ever given.
edit: post #16

image.jpeg
Response from Hotchkis.

I will hit my buddy up with a 68 coronet, he has the hotchkis setup too

image.jpeg
Second response from Hotchkis.

Now they tell you. Sheesh!

Ask him to send you a new decal and flip that sucker over. At least you can sand and paint the bar where the scrape is and it will probably not show since it will be on top.

IMG_0567.JPG

Inverted it. Brace won't clear now. Left it off. That ok or should it be modified?

You'll be glad you have that brace in a front end collision !!

Hotchkis leaves it off this Coronet canyon carver. It looks like you have to to use their sway bar. You could send it back and buy another brand if you want to use the brace.

Looks cosmetic, but scraped it at least 6 times on driveways and parking stoppers. It's staying for now.

The first few seconds look very familiar. It feels better with the bar and the spacer from Kern keeping the rear tire flex off of the leafs. Hard to tell over Linda screaming. These are real canyons. Don't just bum cones, and no guardrail. Will find out in Spring. The Spring trip is just the boys. We can romp and flirt with the edge more then.

Dennis, I could make some sort of brace for you. I'll just need to see how the core support looks in relation to the K member. My 70 should be close to use as a pattern. I could make one with an arch in it to clear the bar.

Looks like you have to choose between carving and clearance, my friend; you can't have both.

The bar goes on, but you can't get your finger between it and the bar. Should I just put it on and drive it to see if it chafes? Can't be any worse than scraping it on driveways.

Auto Transport Service
Back