• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Coronet R/T 440, 4 speed, Track Pack Convertible

According to accepted shipping figures there were:

317 440 autos shipped for sale in the US
99 440 four speeds

4 semi four speeds
6 Hemi automatics

totaling 426 units for the US

There was a total of 483 cars shipped total meaning 57 cars were sent to Canada and Export.

Of these 57, we know there were four Hemi R/T convertibles shipped to Canada leaving 53 other cars of which we do not know more details.
Amen!

Not sure if the hood pins were factory. It doesn’t call it out on the fender tag. Wouldn’t it be called out there? Also not sure if the magnums were factory. I like them better than the poverty caps!!

Hood Pins were released in early April but are not called out on 69 St. Louis tags until the 425 SPDs. Your car's SPD is before that. So yes, it could have come with the pins but may not be listed on the tag.

The 1970 Hamtramck Registry - 1969 Dodge PIBs

(Note...the link is not showing the proper page. Hit NEXT to see the correct PIB)

Last edited:
Theyre fairly easy once ya have to figure em out all alone. The timing, atmosphere, all factor in on how it may run. One can definitely tell when the outboards open. I think I do know Tim! I think I almost traded him once. That 68 he has is a beauty!
When I get my A12 someday I will look you up when I have carb trouble!! lol. Tim has been trying to get me to buy the Hemi from him for a few years now! He wants me to buy it so he can still see it whenever he wants! lol It looks good in the green paint and has an awesome restoration done to it.

According to accepted shipping figures there were:

317 440 autos shipped for sale in the US
99 440 four speeds

4 semi four speeds
6 Hemi automatics

totaling 426 units for the US

There was a total of 483 cars shipped total meaning 57 cars were sent to Canada and Export.

Of these 57, we know there were four Hemi R/T convertibles shipped to Canada leaving 53 other cars of which we do not know more details.
Thanks for the breakdown on the convertabiles.

Hood Pins were released in early April but are not called out on 69 St. Louis tags until the 425 SPDs. Your car's SPD is before that. So yes, it could have come with the pins but may not be listed on the tag.

(Note...the link is not showing the proper page. Hit NEXT to see the correct PIB)
Ok cool. Thanks for the info!

Cool Hamtramck bulletin. Do you know of any Hemi orange 69 r/t convertibles?

Auto Transport Service
Back