• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Coronet RT front disc brake convertion

James Memmel

Local time
3:46 PM
Reaction score
Okay I already have my disc brake conversion I bought it from CPP in California I just need to know what do I need to change on my car with a 69 Coronet drum brakes in the front what do I need to change to make this work

Welcome to FBBO
R/T Coronets are my Favorite of all!

Depends on your kit.
You may want to change to mc/booster if your brakes are manual.
You will need new hoses most likely.

What are your rotor size? Wheel size? You may need to shim your wheels out slightly if you have larger rotors/wheels.
Your kit probably included bearings/hubs assy? Presumably your using same spindles. If so, make sure they are still good.

I just finished (about a month ago) doing the same thing to my Bee with a wilwood set. I needed to do all of the aforementioned things.

Now show us some pics of that beauty!

Okay I already have my disc brake conversion I bought it from CPP in California I just need to know what do I need to change on my car with a 69 Coronet drum brakes in the front what do I need to change to make this work
I was just wondering if I need to get a master cylinder tool and a proportioning valve because the car is a manual drum brake car

FB_IMG_1471123703518.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back