• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 dodge charger project

69 will

Local time
5:09 AM
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I'm do a rotisserie restoration project on a 1969 dodge charger. The body was rebuilt at the installation center in georgia. All sheet metal was replaced expect the front frame rails, right inner fender and roof structure. I had to return the car for fitment problems with the rear window and A pillar to roof skin on driverside. Now I'm wonder if they got the
20221229_171515.jpg
20220906_172600.jpg
driverside spring shackle bracket off. Any advice appreciated
20221229_181940.jpg

The A pillar has to be right, square and true or you may end up with glass issues. No offense to the builder, but the A pillar looks like amateur hour. Pic for the shackle hanger isn't clear enough for my silly opinion.

Oh, welcome to the site and good luck!

Any way to measure the rear shackle brackets to check if they are true

I'm going to take and install the shackle brackets and take a piece of 1/2 inch all thread from end to end. Then install the leaf springs and take inside to inside measurements on the front shackle and rear shackle. I'm hoping this will work. They corrected the other mistakes.

I think spring shackles should hang even down across both sides?

after seeing that windshield post, nothing would surprise me; I wouldn't trust any of it

on second thought, I guess the rest of the car being ok would surprise me

Yeah I'm going to give them a call and tell them I don't think the rear shackle rail is right and see what they say. Then say if u trust your work I'm going to take it to another shop. If problems exist they can pay the cost. Thanks and I will be asking for advice throughout the restoration process

Yeah I'm going to give them a call and tell them I don't think the rear shackle rail is right and see what they say. Then say if u trust your work I'm going to take it to another shop. If problems exist they can pay the cost. Thanks and I will be asking for advice throughout the restoration process

none of us mean to make light of your situation, we really are here to help..... best of luck getting things ironed out

How far away are you from the amd instalation center ??

Looking at the very first picture it does look like the bolt for the shackle is on an angle but it could just be the angle of the camera to take the picture
Guess the best way to tell is hang the other side also and see if you can look across all four holes hanging down at the same time

Yes the windshield post should never have looked like that The glass will never fit and be happy very long

Welcome from the left coast. With all of that metal replaced, all of the other components should have been there too to verify fit BEFORE WELDING. AMD: Amateurs Making Decisions? By the looks of things, I would say the had a no experience rookie working on the car as opposed to a pro with mass experience. AMD most likely made the decision to hire based on the cheapest employee that could find but still charge full boat thereby increasing profit margin. My 2c.

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

good luck with the project

Welcome from Alabama, thanks for the pictures of amateur work, by a company that should know their business. I would be raising a ruckus over there. Ofcourse I'm very critical as I fired 6 body guys on a 70 RR build. Just hang in there, your car can become a show winner.
20220813_180245.jpg

Thanks for encouragement what shocks would u recommend with the qa1 front suspension components and pst 1.03 bars.

Welcome from Missouri!!

Auto Transport Service
Back