• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 gtx n96 question

69 "GTX"

Local time
5:34 PM
Reaction score
My 69 GTX has a N96 air grabber hood that I think is a tranplant to this car by the previous owner. My question is does anyone have any clear photos showing the location of the air grabber cable hole in the fire wall. The hole that is there appears to be a hack job and cannot trust that it is in the proper location.
The fender tag is missing so it is hard to identify whether it was born with the N96 option. Also is there a rubber grommet in the hole? if so what size hole does it require and what is the inside diameter?
I would appreciate any info can get.

Still looking for any info I can get regarding the hole in the fire wall location for the N96 air grabber hood actuating cable.

I believe the hole was punch from the factory not drilled and if that is the case it would be pretty easy to tell if it was added later.

:icon_axe:
this is the only pictures i could find of my car
its the hole below the blue MP voltage regulator and it has a rubber grommit , also my black solid state regulator I have now changed back to .
that is the correct local for it and it is a smooth nice hole behind that grommit .
I fed my tach wiring out the hole also but I added the tach

Attachments

• P6260195.JPG
    P6260195.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 247
  • P6260191.JPG
    P6260191.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 225
  • P6300008.JPG
    P6300008.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 234
  • P6300016dc.JPG
    P6300016dc.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 229
Thanks MoparStuart! this info helps me out a lot, I am in the process of preparing the engine compartment for paint along with the rest of the car. Just need to have everything in its proper place. I will try to post pictures soon of the project.

Auto Transport Service
Back