69 GTX-Satellite convertible inner and outer rear wheelhouses

1968 -1970 Mopars

1. lemondana

lemondana Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:11 AM
    Anyone know of a vender that sells the convertible inner and outer rear wheelhouses? I have a friend that has a 69 Sport Satellite that needs some. Or anyone have some nice used ones?

2. 3white74

3white74 FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    10:11 AM
    I do believe that the bottom two-thirds are the same as the two-door Plymouth inner and outer wheel houses the top part you will either have to fabricate metal and or repair or find a nice used top cap they do not make that section that I am aware of

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • JackR

JackR FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
      7:11 AM
      As stated above the bottom are the same coupe and convertible. I had damage on my upper that could only be repaired. Cut the AMD reproduction wheelhouse apart and rebuilt it. A0504C38-AE8D-4114-B886-961488589793.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
      • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
      • 70runner

70runner Well-Known Member

Local Time:
        7:11 AM
        My left wheelhouse was hacked up by a PO, needed total replacement. As mentioned, no repros for convertibles. My repair took place before repro hardtop wheelhouses were available. Mine was also missing the brace which goes from the wheelhouse cap to the trunk lid surround lip. I was able to find a 70 Satellite donor in a boneyard for the wheelhouse. Was lucky to find a guy parting a 68B convertible to get the wheelhouse cap and brace. I believe any 66-70B body convertible can be a donor. Hopefully the caps on your friends car are OK, because these are approaching unobtainium.

• lemondana

lemondana Well-Known Member

Local Time:
        9:11 AM
        The caps were totally gone-rust. There were 5 raccoons living in the car when we went to look at it. Hence all of the rust. It's a 69 Sport Satellite convert with a HP383 and a 4 speed. Pretty near car!. It has electric windows too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
        By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.