• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 GTX turn signal switch

Quintin

Local time
6:42 AM
Reaction score
I've replaced the turn signal switch twice this year that I got from Classic Industries. Anybody got any ideas why or are their turn signal switches just poor. How about the one from Year One? They are a different color in the picture.

Buy one from slant six Dan . danielsternlighting.com Then you wont have any more problems with it.

I just bought the harness and switch from classic industries and it's bad. As you know, they aren't cheap.

I had a headlight switch from them that lasted a little more than a year. I assume all China crap.

I got the TS switch from Dan. It even feels more solid than the one from CI. Now I need the plastic block that the TS switch wires go into. I have one from CI but the terminals won't fit.

Does anyone have instructions on how to install these? I've never done one before 92nd have no clue on how to remove/install the turn signal switch in the column in my 4 speed 68 Charger. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Does anyone have instructions on how to install these? I've never done one before 92nd have no clue on how to remove/install the turn signal switch in the column in my 4 speed 68 Charger. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I performed this fix quite awhile ago but recall that it wasn't terribly difficult. You do have to remove the steering wheel though. Then you will be able to see the little cam on the left side of the housing, there is a flathead screw in the center. Remove that and the plastic cam should come out. I seem to recall I had to pull the dickens out of it and that it was somehow in there pretty good. When you remove the old one make note of how to connect the wires because I can't remember where they went but I think there were only two. Anyway if you look at the pics you can see it there with the red and white wires. Above that is a lightbulb for the gear display and to the left is the horn contact wheel, you'll notice a copper wheel on the back of the steering wheel that comes into contact with that to operate the horn while in any wheel position. I found that pretty neat. And if you are tinkering around in there with a screw driver there is a very good chance you'll be sounding the horn if your battery is connected. My neighbors loved that part! So go to it! Get a steering wheel puller if you haven't got one otherwise that wheel isn't coming off

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back