• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Hemi Charger 4-Speed Numbers Matching (Not Mine)

hemischmitt

Local time
11:11 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone have any history on this car, or know a source I could go to? The 69 Registry still appears to be dormant, if it was even registered there. VIN XS29J9G185522. Thx.

69 Hemi Charger 4 Speed.jpg

69 Hemi Charger 4 Speed Two.jpg

That thing is everywhere... lol
dge_1969_Charger_2-Door-Hardtop_XS29J9G185522__900.jpg

Lot # S221 1969 Dodge Charger R/T Hemi 2-Dr. Hardtop; S/N XS29J9G185522; Dark Green Metallic, White tail stripe/Tan vinyl; Older restoration, 2 condition; With Reserve; Not sold at Hammer bid of $150,000. – 426/425hp Hemi, hub caps, red line tires, bucket seats, console, Hurst shifter, Tic-Toc-Tach, factory radio. – Represented as a matching numbers Hemi. Restored, lightly used engine bay. Very good older paint and chrome. Factory gaps. Very good restored interior. Not done yesterday, but still very attractive and doesn’t seem to need a thing. – Adding in a premium for the 4-speed, this car is worth more than the reported high bid, but the offer wasn’t totally unreasonable and it will only take a few more trips across the block to make refusing it seem like the wrong decision.

I'm embarrassed. I was all thumbs and inverted a digit on the google VIN search. Thanks for the info. The car is in a warehouse I visited today. There was an RK Motors flyer in it, but it doesn't show up for sale or on the sold list at RK. Gorgeous car, the owner must be holding out for a quarter mil or something. My humble search for a decent 68 R/T purchase goes on. I was at Mecum and bid on an EE1 Dark Blue Poly 440 non-matching/color-change car but it ended up going higher than I thought it was worth (add 10% buyer commission).

I like it.

Mines green too. Unfortunately no 426 hemi, though. :D

I'm embarrassed. I was all thumbs and inverted a digit on the google VIN search. Thanks for the info. The car is in a warehouse I visited today. There was an RK Motors flyer in it, but it doesn't show up for sale or on the sold list at RK. Gorgeous car, the owner must be holding out for a quarter mil or something. My humble search for a decent 68 R/T purchase goes on. I was at Mecum and bid on an EE1 Dark Blue Poly 440 non-matching/color-change car but it ended up going higher than I thought it was worth (add 10% buyer commission).
Call RK Motors. They might know about it or possibly had it on consignment.

It's not officially on the market, yet, being stored while the owner decides next steps, will price "north of $250K." The owner of RK "knows the car" but doesn't own it. So I'm told.

It's not officially on the market, yet, being stored while the owner decides next steps, will price "north of $250K." The owner of RK "knows the car" but doesn't own it. So I'm told.
Seems like you know all about this car.

Not avail YET. But will be later this year so Im told 440. 4spd, 4.10 Dana. The entire drivetrain is 1968, But none of it is the OEM for this car

I built this car and know it well.
Real EE1 , 4spd , 3.54 Dana car that I'll personally guarantee,, Im pretty sure was originally a black interior car, now white . But there is no fender tag or build sheet

Dont know how much yet.
Just a guess on my part. But I'll bet the car will have a for sale sign on it at the Mopar Nats in Aug

charlies.jpg

hello gtx6970. I’m the guy that emailed you about this car about a month ago. It’s in Ohio I think ? I just joined this site so I could get in the mix on a possible available 68 car. I had a 68 and 70 R/T, and 71 Hemi Cuda, all sold. Need one more Mopar to ride into the sunset in retirement. You have my email.

Auto Transport Service
Back