• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 road runner front and rear side window fuzzies?

paladin06

Local time
12:30 PM
Reaction score
I think I will replace all 4 window fuzzies. Please provide any shortcuts, cautions and ideas on how to replace and best place to buy them from.

Thanks all.

Bought mine from Metro Molded parts. Your factory rear inside sweepers are attached to the upper interior panels by means of large staples, believe it or not. When you buy the kit, they supply small counter sunk screws to use to install the new ones instead of man staples. As far as the other sweepers, they come with small integrated clips on the inside. Those pop into oval slots in the door. From the past set I installed, I can remember I had to use a dremel to slightly extend those openings in a couple spots because the integrated clips didn't quite line up perfectly. I used a white paint marker and made a little dot at each clip on the sweeper and held up to the opening for it in the door so I could see their alignment with the holes all the way down and where I would need to lengthen the holes.

I used a small rubber mallet and half of a hockey puck to tap them in place. Worked from front to back. Hockey puck gives you a larger hard surface area for impact against the part instead of a focal impact point like a hammer. Lessen the chance of denting the metal on the sweeper or a miss-hit and dent/chipped paint/scratch to the door. Quality seemed pretty good with the kit. Should be for $180 smackers! Removing them can take some finesse. Take your time. Those little clips holding them in can be tough as nails to get out. Use Vinyl trim tools or something plastic to pry/pop them out. A screwdriver or something metal will almost surely scratch or chip the paint if you have to do any hefty prying up. A rag/paper toweling on the backside of the tool will help as well.

Good luck

http://www.metrommp.com/?f=detail&ModelNumber=WC%202300-25&VehicleYear=1969&Make=PLYMOUTH&Model=ROADRUNNER

I bought mine off of a mopar OEM parts dealer online, usually you can google the part number of the fuzzies and they will come up. Unlike Prop I didn't have any issues with my clips lining up but they were a pain to install without scratching the paint and the window doesn't give you a whole lot of wiggle room. As far as the quarter windows go I installed mine with small rivets and it worked out great.

So is removing the inside door panel and the windows required?

I bought mine off of a mopar OEM parts dealer online, usually you can google the part number of the fuzzies and they will come up. Unlike Prop I didn't have any issues with my clips lining up but they were a pain to install without scratching the paint and the window doesn't give you a whole lot of wiggle room. As far as the quarter windows go I installed mine with small rivets and it worked out great.

Bought mine from Metro Molded parts. Your factory rear inside sweepers are attached to the upper interior panels by means of large staples, believe it or not. When you buy the kit, they supply small counter sunk screws to use to install the new ones instead of man staples. As far as the other sweepers, they come with small integrated clips on the inside. Those pop into oval slots in the door. From the past set I installed, I can remember I had to use a dremel to slightly extend those openings in a couple spots because the integrated clips didn't quite line up perfectly. I used a white paint marker and made a little dot at each clip on the sweeper and held up to the opening for it in the door so I could see their alignment with the holes all the way down and where I would need to lengthen the holes.

I used a small rubber mallet and half of a hockey puck to tap them in place. Worked from front to back. Hockey puck gives you a larger hard surface area for impact against the part instead of a focal impact point like a hammer. Lessen the chance of denting the metal on the sweeper or a miss-hit and dent/chipped paint/scratch to the door. Quality seemed pretty good with the kit. Should be for $180 smackers! Removing them can take some finesse. Take your time. Those little clips holding them in can be tough as nails to get out. Use Vinyl trim tools or something plastic to pry/pop them out. A screwdriver or something metal will almost surely scratch or chip the paint if you have to do any hefty prying up. A rag/paper toweling on the backside of the tool will help as well.

Good luck

http://www.metrommp.com/?f=detail&ModelNumber=WC%202300-25&VehicleYear=1969&Make=PLYMOUTH&Model=ROADRUNNER

Propwash nailed it on this one, same thing i encountered a real pain in the a** to get these to fit in right, takes some modifications, dremal is a good idea! The good ones arent cheap and they dont just fall into place,I have heard also that some of the cheaper ones are just junk...best wishs!

Ordered and thanks..

Good luck

:icon_thumright: Hope the install goes well. Not too hard to do, just more work than you would expect from a few window sweepers. Such as life I guess.

All it went very well. No modifications required other then the screws. Completed all four windows in an hour. I do need to ask about the rubber pieces that are aft of the front window fuzzies. Where can I get them?
Thanks all for your help!

Auto Transport Service
Back